Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the fattest customer you've gotten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the fattest customer you've gotten?

The dogs, not the owner! I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole!

Yesterday I bathed a Chi and groomed a small Cairn mix from the same owner, the cairn mix was 8-9 lbs but should probably have been around 5 lbs. The Chi was...(get ready).....30 lbs! He looked like a walking ottoman, and wasn't very friendly either. lol

We also had a golden mix boarding with us last week, she looked like a small (height wise) golden but with brown hair. She was so fat and rarely stood up. Her name was fitting, Coconut. We also had one golden that was so fat it needed help walking out to the car, I had to hold a blanket like a sling under it's stomach. The owner told us she had another, fatter, golden at home, and they get cakes and donuts.

I admit, sometimes I will share a tiny bit of people food with my pets, a crouton, a lick of ice cream, a spaghetti noodle, something like that, but I guess I'm better at limiting their treats than my own. :P

Catchy title

Let's see the guy was like 300+ lbs. LOL
    On the more serious side, yes, being mobile we get a lot of clients that can no longer get around. The sling is not a stranger. I even have some dogs that when they stand thier bellies drag.

Comment

Proportionatly?
      probably one of the springers I do, she should probably be about 20-25 lbs (springer are quite small here) but id say shes pushing 65-70.
      Unfortianatly she has Cushings so theres not really anything they can do about it.. its nothing to do with her diet.
      she a sweetheart though, always runs in the door and trys to "leap" into the tub... kinda like watching a beach ball bounce......

Comment

i see a lot of very overweight pugs .... they're legs are so spindley too it looks like they're going to break. i feel so bad for these dogs ... they look terribly uncomfortable.

people always seem to think it's just cute or funny that their dogs are morbidly obese ... is there a way to tactfully tell them that this is a serious health issue, and really not very funny?

Comment

KIM IN SD!!!! You bad girl, you!!!
          I cant even say from the people because I am not a skinny mini either.

Mine a GSD....... she was about 90 lbs waddled when she walked and gosh help me could not turn around in the bath tub!!!

Comment

I have a Daschie that must be 35lbs. I've never seen anything like it. The dog has rolls (more than 1) hanging over her butt covering her tail. Her little legs stick out to the side because her belly is so fat. She cannot walk, she cannot sit, so she flops down on her side & her legs stick up in the air. Big surprise, she has major spine problems.

The owner feeds her ham. Nothing but ham. Can you imagine the sodium alone?? I hate to see people do this to their pets.

Comment

The fattest I've seen was a sheltie, she was so big that I couldn't hardly get her tail up enough to do a sanitary. You know how the chubbie one's get really big lumpy tails? Well it was gross. When I lifted her tail this smell came flying out with it, but I still couldn't hardly get the sanitary shave completely done. I had to lay her on the floor and she wasn't too cooperative either. It was a big struggle. I was worried about her hiney though, once I got the encrusted poop off I could see her skin was so red and irritated. I recommended she see the vet.

The second fattest was a "beagle". I get there and it was a basset beagle mix who weighed over 90#. He couldn't even move he was so big, he did waddle like a duck really slow, but this dog was so heavy and so low to the floor I ended up calling off the groom. I could NOT lift him. I couldn't even get him into my van. He couldn't help his self, he was like dead weight. Poor dog....

Comment

Probably the most overweight dog that I have ever groomed is a "bichon" mix, and I use that term lightly, lol. He is actually about the size of a small springer or so. He is probably, no lie at least 50 lbs. overweight. His skin is so pink, and you can actually see the veins because his skin is so stretched. The dog can barely stand, poor thing. The owner is clueless too. The vet told the owner that the dog was overweight, and he got offended! The last time that he dropped him off with me he the dog was laying on the floor in the waiting room, and the owner said, get this...I'm not sure why he's being so lazy today!!! Actually everytime he drops off or picks up EVERYONE in the waiting room is all big eyed looking at him. They all shake their heads, and when the owner leaves, they make comments about him because they just can't believe it!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

LOL Maggy, All I could think of was the guy who had to slide sideways through my door.

I have a Brussels Griffon and he is
                  .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................... over 50lbs.

Comment

I used to groom a Bichon named Nikki we used to call her "Nikki-tub-a-lardie". She kept getting fatter and fatter. I mentioned her weight issue to the owner , she brought nikki to the vet, weighed in at 43lbs, and she was not tall or big framed, however, the owner told me "the vet said" she wasn't obese as I suggested...lol....the dog died at age 5 ...hmmm. I wonder why??

Comment

It's a toss up between the 65 lb. Corgi and the 68 lb Beagle. The Corgi is supposedly 16 years old and I'm shocked he's still kicking being that fat. Every time the beagle comes in, his owner leaves a bag full of crackers, pretzels, annd carrots for him because "she doesn't want him to get hungry". He's only there for a couple hours for a bath -- I think he'll survive without food. In fact with all that fat I think he could survive for months without it.

Comment

The most obese dog I've ever groomed was a cocker. She probably should have weighed about 25 pounds. The last time I saw her she was 95 pounds, and you could have used her for a coffee table, she was so broad. Her thyroid was fine, she did not have Cushings...we could have treated those and gotten her weight under control. Her problem was simply being fed everything and anything. Her food bowl was never empty, she got a plate of whatever the family was having for whatever meal of the day they were having, and she ate snacks with them while they watched TV.

These people were killing their dog, but we couldn't convince them to stop.

Comment

Umm. The 110 lb Bordor Collie, she was so fat she had a roll over her tail, and so wide, she barely fit in the tub
                          Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

I had a collie/shep mix that was the size of a small golden, but weighed
                            140lbs. We managed to get her into the tub(thank god I have stairs to my tub) and bath her, but when we tried to turn her around to fininish her
                            bath, she could not turn around at all. I called the owner and told her that we needed her help. She came with her brother and finally turned her around.
                            We had to blow dry her in the tub, finished her after they got her out.
                            I wish you could have seen the look in this poor dogs eyes. It made me
                            so upset and sad to see here like this. The owner said she was depressed
                            after their other dog died and thats how she gained weight. I guess this
                            dog is able to help itself to fridge when the owner isnt looking. She asked
                            if we would groom here again. I told her yes, but maybe she should look
                            into a diet and exercise program for her, so that we wouldnt need her help
                            to get her out of the tub next time.

Comment

I have this one dog that only comes for toenails. (thank goodness)
                              medium size mix breed.he is huge! looks like a mushroom standing on toothpicks! The owner says the vet freaked out on him and told him that the dog was a good 40 pounds owerweight. I agreed. He said he's cutting him back to only 3 or 4 treats a day. lol. The guy is loving the dog to death. Litterally.

Comment

Working...
                              X