Talk about cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about cheap

Okay we all talked about how some groomers are charging way too little for their grooming, well I had a new customer wanting her minature poodle groomed, she just moved here from another state, I asked her how she wanted it styled since her sister is bringing it in for her. She said the former groomer put it in a #5 all over, shave face & feet.
    The groomer she had in Ecuador hand scissored it since they didn't have clippers and it took a long to do. Are you ready for this ??? She charged $5.00 to hand scissor this poodle, I chuckled and said " well, in order to get that kind of price for any kind of groom you will have to go back there!" WOW>>>>>>>> what a cheap price, that groomer would only have to do one dog here to equal a weeks work there!!!!
    And you thought we had cheap groomers!!!!!

Now that one takes the cake!
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Wow!!!! That's all I can say.

What did she think about your price??? Did you give her a bargin?????LOL Just kidding!
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

Yeah, that is cheap. I'm sure their cost of living is much lower too. At first when I read that I thought the poodle's owner was expecting the same price, LOL!!

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

That's scray cheap, but factor in cost of living and it's about average. I begged my friend from Guatmalea to check pricing there and she said between $5-$10 and that was the outskirts of the capital. Still scary though
          Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Wow!

Though, the average YEARLY wage for the service industry in Ecuador is $3383.16.
            So if one did six $5.00 dogs per day, 5 days a week, they would be over double the average income there, and maybe make a good living??

Comment

That's cheaper than my mother was charging in the mid 60's. I rememnber than the prices being $6.50 for toys and $7.50 for minitures.

Comment

Are you sure that was US$ ? What does her perious groomer eat ? This isn't even enough for cheap dog food.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                  That's cheaper than my mother was charging in the mid 60's. I rememnber than the prices being $6.50 for toys and $7.50 for minitures.
                  lol When I first started grooming, our poodles were 11.50..cockers 15.00. Boy am I glad those days are gone! lol Back then we only had 3 groomers in this town! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                    lol When I first started grooming, our poodles were 11.50..cockers 15.00. Boy am I glad those days are gone! lol Back then we only had 3 groomers in this town! LOL
                    When I started grooming the prices were 12.50 and up. I think cockers were 17 or 18. That was in So. CA. I look at some of my customer's prices where I have increased them over the 4 years that I have had this shop and it seems unreal, and still most of those haven't been increased like they should be. I can remember being content to bring in less than a 100 a day too.

Comment

Trying to remember what prices were when I started. Seems like poodles started around 10-12 dollars. Sounds pretty cheap. But then again, minimum wage was $1.50, gas cost .35 a gallon, milk less than a dollar a gallon, hamburger was .69 a pound, and a loaf of bread was .49. Oh yeah, a McDonalds hamburger, a cup of coffee, or a small Coke was a quarter. And my appartment cost me $60 a month, including all utilities except the phone.

Everything is relative.

Comment

When I first started in 1970 I charged $8.00 for a Poodle or Schnauzer, $10.00 for a Cocker, bath only was $4.00 and I included the nails. Those were the days, I thought if I would ever make $15.00 a dog in grooming I would have made it in the BIG times. OOOOooo
                        We bought our home for $15,000 and our car for $1,800 and gas for it was $.30 a gallon. Bread was $.15 and we NEVER had steak.
                        In a matter of fact we didn't even have a pizza place in the towns we lived at, let alone a McDonalds. Now those towns all have those places.

Comment

I have met people who had their dogs gromed in Mexico.( we lived about 3 1/2 hrs away) prices were about that $5-10... its sticker shock to us..

Comment

If only we can live in Mexico and work here at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                            X