Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re; Housecalls

Hi,
    I've seen some threads talking about Housecalls...would this be mobile or do some of you actually go into the clients' homes and work in their home?

If it's the latter, where do you bathe the dog?

Thanks!
    Deb

Housecall urusually means in the home.

With the owner around, in the best mutually decided place in the home inside or on a patio depending. I love it. I bathe where we, owner an myself, decide is best, and having the Bathing Beauty, I don't worry about hook ups or pressure. It can be kitchen sinks, laundry room tubs, most often bath tubs and sometimes showers. Even a few outside in a horse size trough in warmer weather, adding a bucket of warm water. Today I groomed a Pom in the laundramats tub, the owner runs the laundramat.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I went into people's homes when I was Grooming in Germany,most of the time I just put the dog in their bath tubs. For those that lived in appartment style dwellings a small enough dog went into a slop sink in the basement for bathing (but try to fit a 70 lbs GSD into a slop sink! it aint happening!

I want to know what is this "bathing beauty"?

Comment

SuziJ

There is a current thread still under new posts regarding the Hanvey Bathing Beauty. It is quite portable, and I can clean up double coated dogs such as a Sheltie or the one Newfie I do in their tub without scrubbing, clean down to the skin with mine. Just do a search if you don't see it under new posts, put in Bathing Beauty.

In America I'll bet I'm not the only one who is not sure what a slop sink is?
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
        X