No announcement yet.

every time I go out of my way..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every time I go out of my way..........

Every time I go out of my way to be nice it comes back and bites me on the butt. I have been grooming this dog for 4 or 5 yrs now. every 4 months or so I buzz it. well, last year the owner bounced a check on me and didn't pick it up and pay me till the next groom 4 months later. aarrgg.. Well, she's come in a couple times since then. A few weeks ago she had an appointment and after canceling a couple times because of snow. She finnally made it in and before she left dropping the dog off she asked me if I would take a check again this time, she swore the money was in there and the account just got all messed up that one time...blah,blah,blah. The good heart I have I believed her so.... then, she comes back writes the check hands it to me and says oh yeh.. can you hold that till the first of the month honey till my ss check gets here? 2 1/2 weeks away. (Good lord lady do you want me to stand on my head too?) anyways..... guess what I got in the mail today? Returned ck.
    Ya Live Ya Learn. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Man, I hate that when that happens. I told myself if I have a bad check or one that wants me to hold a check, I tell them that it's CASH ONLY...write it on their card in RED>>>> NO MORE..

Comment

Because the owner is an idiot the dog will now suffer. Poor doggie, and poor you for having to collect now. I hope you tack on a bounced check fee.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
        Man, I hate that when that happens. I told myself if I have a bad check or one that wants me to hold a check, I tell them that it's CASH ONLY...write it on their card in RED>>>> NO MORE..
        We have a WHOLE list, lol
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Well, I guess it's a "shame on you" this time situation, but I think most of us who are honest people would find it hard to believe that someone would lie TO YOUR FACE! (In such a manner anyway).

I'm going to learn from your mistake and hopefully I wont have to go through this, but I would not only make her pay up NOW, but make her pay heavily for the bounced check, etc...

And make it legal, possibly even an attorney's letter. This is ridiculous. She said the money is there and then picks up the dog and says it's not there, but it will be there, but then it wasn't. Pathetic.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

You are not a lending institution! I would have told her to come back in 2 weeks after her ss check comes. People have some nerve!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
              You are not a lending institution! I would have told her to come back in 2 weeks after her ss check comes. People have some nerve!!!!!!!!!!!
              That's kinda hard to do when you've already groomed the dog.

Comment

Geez, tell her the amount for a check return fee has just risen at your bank, then charge your own fee (what people should do anyway). Make some money off it, then tell her to go elsewhere or that she's cash only and if she doesn't have cash she can't get her dog groomed.
                Becky

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                  Geez, tell her the amount for a check return fee has just risen at your bank, then charge your own fee (what people should do anyway). Make some money off it, then tell her to go elsewhere or that she's cash only and if she doesn't have cash she can't get her dog groomed.
                  I believe that in some states you can only legally charge a certain amount.
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Guess she's cash on the barrel-head now, for sure. I do hold checks for my clients on SS. Had one this week, in fact. When I called to remind her of the appt, she said maybe she should wait til after the 22nd. Didn't have an opening then, and really didn't want the dog to go beyond 6wks-matted. Told her I would hold her check til then. When she came in, she said she'd be in on the 22nd to pay me. Well, today at lunchtime, she came by with a banker's check for the amount, plus a 2$ cash tip. Said she didn't want me to have to wait for my money. How nice. I find, what goes around comes around. Hope when I'm old and gray that I'll have nice folks to deal with.
                    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                      Guess she's cash on the barrel-head now, for sure. I do hold checks for my clients on SS. Had one this week, in fact. When I called to remind her of the appt, she said maybe she should wait til after the 22nd. Didn't have an opening then, and really didn't want the dog to go beyond 6wks-matted. Told her I would hold her check til then. When she came in, she said she'd be in on the 22nd to pay me. Well, today at lunchtime, she came by with a banker's check for the amount, plus a 2$ cash tip. Said she didn't want me to have to wait for my money. How nice. I find, what goes around comes around. Hope when I'm old and gray that I'll have nice folks to deal with.
                      I so believe what you said. I'm the same way. I trust people and I actually haven't been disappointed by many, a few maybe but not enough to change me into one of them. I have held checks for a couple of clients and have never regretted it. Sorry you got stuck with a bad apple.
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

So far I've been lucky. No bounced checks yet... knock on wood.

I have one client who always asks me to hold her check until Friday, and another couple who always makes arrangements to pay me on the 1st when they get their ss. But that's it, and I do it for them on the condition that they don't let others know I'm doing it for them. I don't want to make a habit of that. So far, it hasn't been a problem. Knock on wood again.

Comment

Working...
                        X