Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on my dog with the vocally obsene lady.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my dog with the vocally obsene lady.

I've wrote about this dog before.... The lady comes to pick up her pooch who got the same hair cut as always and starts yelling and swearing at a girl I work with and also throwing things. Then comes in the next time and says that the hair cut was fine but still didn't offer an apology to the girl she freaked out on.

Well the pup came in today, I was grooming a cat so my boss got the instructions from her. He asked her if she wanted him the same as last time. She said, no I want him shorter. So my boss asked with surprise because of what happened, you want him shorter than last time? She said no, I want him shorter than he is now. Well duh.. She's not the smartest woman. So my boss asked her again if she wanted it like last time, she again replied, shorter than he is now. So he asked if she wanted the same cut as always. The woman would not answer this question.

So because of that I gave him the same hair cut. If she only wanted a teeny bit off, oh well. She wouldn't answer the question.
    Becky

Your boss actually let her back into the shop??????!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

She swore and threw things and that was ok with the boss? I thought he was going to take care of the problem but instead he excuses that behavior and allows her to come back. Amazing.

Comment

I can't believe that your boss didn't just tell her to never come back the first time---I mean she was verbally abusive and threw things!!!

Come on...does he think that your shop needs the money so badly that he won't tell a client, to find another groomer?!!!

I personally would think twice about a boss that does not stick up for his employees.

Comment

OMG, first of all, your boss allowed that attitude in her shop, second, you gals just took it.
          Until now, I believed I was naive and too nice to people, now I know I am a wild animal.

Comment

Sorry, your problem is not this crazy person. Your problem is that she was ever allowed back in again. I cannot fathom why anyone would put up with this.
            The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Originally posted by Luvkitties View Post
              I can't believe that your boss didn't just tell her to never come back the first time---I mean she was verbally abusive and threw things!!!

Come on...does he think that your shop needs the money so badly that he won't tell a client, to find another groomer?!!!

I personally would think twice about a boss that does not stick up for his employees.
              AMEN to sticking up for your loyal employee's!!!!!

Comment

If anyone threw something at my employees I would call the cops (my hubby is a cop:-). Besides that, we GROOM dogs we are NOT dogs and DON'T confuse the two. I have refused service for the way people talk to my employees.

Comment

My boss talked about not letting her come back for grooming, I don't know why he didn't. He has no problem telling anyone off or where to go. In fact he's going to tell the lady with the Labradoodle puppy to go to that salon that said they'd only charge her $20 for a grooming. I talked to him today about the "puppy" price and he agrees that puppies are now going to be the same as an adult groom.

I'm curious why I'm still grooming this dog. It's a great dog to do, just as long as the woman doesn't open her mouth it's all good.
                  Becky

Comment

Oh No...not again!!

After her treatment of you guys she should have been shown the door...but maybe the length of time since she was in last healed some wounds?? It sounds like it's easy for the boss to forgive, but if I remember correctly the abuse was not directed at the boss.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for that type of behavior. The ability to act reasonably is what separates us from the very animals we groom. Last time she was in you should have grabbed her with a snare pole and put her in a cage until she was ready to play nice. You know, like the rest of the out-of-control animals.

Comment

crazy lady

I totally agree with each and every feed back. Fire that client.

astrordog

Comment

I think if that happened in my shop, and I hadn't told her the final price yet, I'd tack on $10 every time she freaked out or threw something. Then, when she finally calmed down and asked the price, I'd tell her there's extra handling charges tacked on. If she aske me if the dog misbehaved, I'd say, "No, you did." Lol!!
                        Erin
                        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Raggs, don't you just "love" it when they won't give you a straight answer about the haircut. My poor boss checked in a lady yesterday that confused the heck out of her. It was a little double coated mix. The lady wanted an inch left, and my boss explained that we would have to completely thin his coat out first. She gave the whole speal about pain on the dog, not to mention the price. So the lady said, fine just give him a bath and face, feet, tail, trim. And then adds that she'll be going back to the other groomer! So my boss does that, and then for FREE, thins out the neck and takes a 1 comb over it. When the lady picks up my boss told her I went ahead and did the neck for free, is the length ok? The lady gets a sneer on her face, and says I wanted it shorter, it's not short enough. My boss said you wanted him left an inch, and the lady says, I wanted him shorter. Then she grabs the dog and walks out. Later she called the receptionist, and said I am incredibly unhappy, I wanted him shorter! So at this point my boss just said fine, so we'll be doing a free redo tomorrow!
                          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by rapuzzled View Post
                            Raggs, don't you just "love" it when they won't give you a straight answer about the haircut. My poor boss checked in a lady yesterday that confused the heck out of her. It was a little double coated mix. The lady wanted an inch left, and my boss explained that we would have to completely thin his coat out first. She gave the whole speal about pain on the dog, not to mention the price. So the lady said, fine just give him a bath and face, feet, tail, trim. And then adds that she'll be going back to the other groomer! So my boss does that, and then for FREE, thins out the neck and takes a 1 comb over it. When the lady picks up my boss told her I went ahead and did the neck for free, is the length ok? The lady gets a sneer on her face, and says I wanted it shorter, it's not short enough. My boss said you wanted him left an inch, and the lady says, I wanted him shorter. Then she grabs the dog and walks out. Later she called the receptionist, and said I am incredibly unhappy, I wanted him shorter! So at this point my boss just said fine, so we'll be doing a free redo tomorrow!
                            Oh that's crazy. Kick your boss... Seriously that dog should just have gone back to the other groomer... Thinning out and shaving a dog for free. That's a heck of a lot nicer than I am.
                            Becky

Comment

I would have fired her the first time. And to at least not even give you an answer when she dropped off hat is strange. I would have pulled out my ribbon guide and made her point to the length she wanted. Does anyone else use the ribbon guide? I cut pieces of different colored ribbon the length of hair the blade leaves and taped them to a sheet of paper with the blade # under each piece. I have the client show me how long they want the dogs hair left it makes it much easier to get a definite answer. You can say ok your pup is a red (2 inches) right now you want him to be a green which is 1/2 inch, Ok then just sign right here that you want a #4 all over, legs too, with a round face, trim tail and ears to neaten.
                              That is how most of me consults go.

Comment

Working...
                              X