No announcement yet.

Does grooming give you big arm muscles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does grooming give you big arm muscles?

I have been checking lately and my arms are strong. My biceps are bigger. I can't figure out what it's from. I do Judo once a week, and I know that makes you strong, but probably not just once a week. I ride my bike every day, but I thought that just built lower body. So I wonder if it's the grooming? I am just curious.

oh yeah.. grooming will do it.. esp. brushing out those big hairy dogs!!

Comment

What does it for me is "toten" those 50lb bags of dog food that we feed in the kennel and also the farm work, lol. Lifting a big ol' dog into the tub seems almost effortless at times (and I'm almost 50). Sometimes, tho, I really feel MUCH older.

Comment

That is soooo funny that you mention this. While I was being trained at the gym on the equipment I was told not to do too much bicep work because they were already ripped!! I had to laugh. I have since had other comments on my arms too. I guess it can be a nice perk. But sometimes I feel like I have "man" arms!!!

Comment

my right forearm is thicker than my left cause of those big ole heavy clippers I use to use, back in the day LOL but guys like a woman who can arm wrestle with them! jus let them win lol

Comment

I don't think my biceps have gotten larger; however, I definitely have a firm grip. One day I picked up my granddaughter by the arms when she was 2 years old and I left finger prints on her little arms. That was a real wakeup call for me to be careful.

Comment

Yes, grooming! I wish the rest of my old body was in as good of shape as my arms!!!
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

My arms are weak since grooming. I can't open jars anymore, it's like everything is becoming atrophed, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I wouldn't say grooming has made my arm muscles big, but they sure have a lot of definition. And when I flex them, they're hard as rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                    My arms are weak since grooming. I can't open jars anymore, it's like everything is becoming atrophed, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                    Maybe we aren't working the big hairy ones just right because my arms are weak too. Don't even talk about my grip, I have none. I can't open jars anymore. What are we doing wrong Tammy?????
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

I used to be strong from lifting the big dogs up, but where I work now the big guys get bathed and usually groomed on the floor. I've thought about putting them in the tub again just to get back in shape. lol I used to be able to lift a 50 lb dog with little effort.

Comment

Yep, I think so. I haven't had much exercise lately so the rest of my body's gone to hell, but my arms are in great shape,lol!

Comment

My arm muscles are strong, but i think its from carting around my so-called 'portable' table for house call, its soo heavy!

Comment

Welcome to the Gun Show. Hee Hee.

One of the reasons I love grooming is that it is a very physical job. Hopefully in 10 years I'll still feel that way. I do try to be careful especially with lifting dogs and holding scissors/clippers correctly.

A couple of years after I started grooming, my husband and I took a vacation in Hawaii. We decided we wanted to learn to surf; I found getting up to be relatively easy and our instructor asked my husband what the heck I did to work out because my arms and back were so strong. Uhhhh.....200 reps with a Great Pyr followed by a sprint to get the other seven dogs out on time...grooming. lol.

Comment

I can "tub" press an 80 pound Golden Retriever. I think that's pretty good??????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X