Whitening Shampoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitening Shampoo

Hi. I apoligize if this has been discussed recently, but I am wondering what you guys like for making white coats just sparkle. I have used Crystal White and liked it. I have a orange and white english cocker. He needs to look stunning for the National coming up. So it would have to be something that also wouldnt fade his orange. Any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.
    Shannon

I love Les Pooches brightening...I've also heard Chris Christensons' (sp) is really good too.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I had a client that showed samoyeds and she used shampoo mixed with "laundry blueing". It comes in a blue bottle in the laundry isle of the store. I would use it before a show, incase your has a reaction to it. I love the midnight white by groomers edge.

Comment

Chris Christiansen (I can't spell it either!) is the best whitener I've used bar none.

Comment

Try Summerwinds Shine Onn shampoo- I have red and white dogs and it makes them sparkle. Also have used Chris Christiansen but to me this is better.

Comment

Davis Black Coat works for me. Don't let the "Black" fool you, it doesn't darken. What it does do is remove oxidation (that brassy look), and it contains optical brighteners. It really makes the white sparkle, and the colored areas just glow.

Comment

I have parti-color Am. Cockers. I've used crystal white, and Traleigh white cloud? shampoo. Was told Crystal White was the same-but not. The Traleigh worked well, but I still like Bio-Groom Super White. For the shows, I would put it on full strength and let it soak for about 5-10 mins, then follow up with a second (diluted) shampoo. Different coats are different, and I find you have to experiment to see what works best for your dog. Good luck at the Nationals!
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Clairol Shimmering Lights

Go buy out the supply at you local Sally Beauty Supply. It is the ONLY one that really works, urine stains, etc. I am telling you it is better than any of the dog whitener shampoos this stuff doesn't mess around, white, white , white!

Comment

No Not Laundry Bluing!

I once had a client in Calif who had an Am. Eskimo. This lady poured laundry blue color buing on her white dog...Smerf blue, he was. He was also packed up. I had to shave him to try to get the blue off. Big patches of Smerf blue. Kinda funny. I only remember it was impossible to trim evenly.I was told bluing shampoos dry out the coat. Griminator or Best Shot gets a dog as white as you could ever hope for.

Comment

shampoo

I think Wonder Blue was an old standby at the horse shows that did pretty well. Quick Silver too, but you better dilute it first.
                    Les Pooch is good, and a brand I like.
                    Bio Groom as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                      I once had a client in Calif who had an Am. Eskimo. This lady poured laundry blue color buing on her white dog...Smerf blue, he was. He was also packed up. I had to shave him to try to get the blue off. Big patches of Smerf blue. Kinda funny. I only remember it was impossible to trim evenly.I was told bluing shampoos dry out the coat. Griminator or Best Shot gets a dog as white as you could ever hope for.
                      Your client's mistake was using straight bluing. You have to dilute it. A lot.

I used to use bluing on my bull terrier, and it worked pretty well. But once, when I was prepping her for a show, my dear little daughter decided to help. Unbeknownst to me, she added more bluing to the gallon of water I'd mixed.

Yep, Smurf blue is right.

Comment

Working...
                      X