Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best way to kill fleas on face????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way to kill fleas on face????

i did a dog yesterday that was just loaded with fleas,i dont wet dog down first just apply dry,and i always put a ring of flea shampoo,around neck first,so fleas dont run up,but this poor little dog had fleas all over her face,especially around the eyes,so what i was doing which took forever,is i put a little flea shampoo in a bucket with a tiny bit of water,and took my flea comb,and dipped in bucket,with fleas on it,and repeated,is there an easier way,i just hate putting anything near the eyes,man i hate fleas,they have no purpose
    trish

Any shampoo left on long enough will kill the fleas. Just put a tearless on the face and leave it there. Rinse that area last.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I also use a product called "Safe Eye" that coats the eyes so shampoo doesn't irritate them. Then I can apply the shampoo right to the face, carefully with my fingers & leave it on to kill the nasty bugs.

Comment

Best Shot oir even Ivory dish detergent

Believe it or no, Ivory will smother fleas. Best Shot with the mild peppermint fragrance smothers them too.Best Shot is ok near eyes. Safe Select smells weird but works too.

Comment

If I run across a flea infested dog (as opposed to just a few fleas) I sell the owner an application of Frontline and send the dog home for 2 days. Then I would be willing to bathe the dog.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Took on a new customer who didn't tell me their dog was flea infested. I had to cancel the rest of my appointments for the day to get the fleas out of my van.

Comment

Thats the way i would have done it. As stated any shampoo left on will kill the fleas. Also you have to take into account that the dog will go back into an infested home. Within 24 hours this dog will have fleas and it will be several treatments of the dog and the home to rid them.
            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Capstar, capstar capstar....

one pill, quick kill... out of the pet's system in 24 hours. safe for pregnant/nursing dogs and cats and very young puppies and kittens.

Comment

I've heard others speak of capstar. Where can you purchase it?

Comment

Can't add much to what's already been suggested, exept this. Just because a shampoo says it's tearless, don't take that as 100% assurance that it can't cause corneal burns. It can. The dog just won't feel it happening. Use Safe Eye, Eye Shield or ophthalmic grade mineral oil, one drop in each eye.

Comment

Originally posted by PoodlePal View Post
                    I've heard others speak of capstar. Where can you purchase it?

Most veterinarians carry it. If you have a good relationship with a veterinarian, ask him/her to order you a bulk (100-count) box of each size. It has a long shelf-life, and the bulk containers are a lot more economical than the retail size (6-pack). Most vets charge $5-10 to administer a dose of Capstar, and I believe cost is just under a dollar a pill...

Comment

If you use a flea shampoo (or non pyrethrum organic) on the face and be very careful not to get it in the eyes, that is the best way I have found. We use a toothbrush on the face to scrub the shampoo in and soak each flea monger for 10 min. Of course we keep constant vigils to make sure that no pet is squinting. Works here down south very well. Also, if one is very infested, we use the shampoo on a dry pet to not give the fleas a head up.

Comment

Working...
                      X