This is a switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a switch!

I groomed a cock-a-poo yesterday. A rather large one...the poo must have been a standard. This dog is the size of a small Lab. Not in bad shape, just gets shaved down, and he's a good boy. Doesn't even try to sit. He's easy, and doesn't take all that long to do.

The owner comes to pick up, is presented with the bill (same amount she's always been charged), and complains that it's too low! "That's too much work for that amount. How about if I make it $$?"

Quick thinker that I am, I say "How about you pay the normal fee, and give me the extra $15 as a tip?"

And that's what she did.

Boy, I wish I had more clients like that.

That is incredible.....if only they could all be that generous!! Congrats on a great tip, it was well deserved.

Comment

Wow. That is great. I wish I had customers like that...........

Comment

LOL!! I think we all do Helly! That's a keeper for sure.

Comment

Wow...No kidding Helly!!! We could all use a handful (or more) of those!

Comment

unreal........ send some of those type of customers to me I can really use them now!

great for you!!!!!

Comment

Don't you just love customers like those! You really feel appreciated. Of course, if you were grooming my dog Helly, I would treat you like gold!
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

That's definitely a new one!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Wow that is a great client!!! Be sure you get her something nice for Christmas! lol She is a keeper.

I wouldn't mind having a couple like her, even one would make me happy.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

i've acually had several customers comment that my prices were too low.. So, after 2 years, they've all been increased a bit and have not gotten a single complaint from it..

Comment

I have several that come in every 6 weeks and tip 15.00...about 3 different ones..then you have those that never do! grrrrrr lol

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                        I have several that come in every 6 weeks and tip 15.00...about 3 different ones..then you have those that never do! grrrrrr lol
                        Not only do they not tip, they call 5 days later and complain that their poodle puppy's top knot fell apart after he went out and played in the water.
                        Last edited by Helly; 03-14-07, 05:43 PM.

Comment

E-gads!!! "That's too low..."????? OH MY HECK SEND HER TO ME when you retire, Helly! Like Tony the Tiger says, "That's GRRRREAT!"

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

one time i did a shave down on a huge hairy shepX, and when the owner came, i said it was 30, he said ,oh no you should get more, so he wrote me a check for 50. (drumroll), the check bounced. to his credit though he did make it good.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkle View Post
                              one time i did a shave down on a huge hairy shepX, and when the owner came, i said it was 30, he said ,oh no you should get more, so he wrote me a check for 50. (drumroll), the check bounced. to his credit though he did make it good.
                              sorry, but the bouncing check made me laugh.. offer to pay more and not have the $$ lol

ive been open almost 3 years and have gotten 1 rubber check in all that time.. she's the manager of my bank! :| lol

Comment

Working...
                              X