40 min. late - did I luck out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 min. late - did I luck out?

I hate to say this but I was DREADING a new Chow mix today, shavedown. The woman says she is sweet but HATES other dogs........hmmmmmm

Anyway, I opened early for her & her coworker to drop off their dogs. They had to be at work at 8 am. Her coworker came at 7:30 w/her poodle. Now its 8:10 and no chow mix.

Think shes going to be late or did I luck out this time LOL

Well....did you luck out? I was in a similar situation yesterday. Had a Springer on the books that had been here once before, VERY obese and ill behaved. I was hoping he wouldn't show. 1:00 came, no client. 1:30 cam and I figured "30 minutes late, he ain't getting done today anyway". Never came, that means he has to pay for the issed appt. to make another. hehe.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Blessings in disguise!

Comment

Ohhh she politely called me to let me know at NOON that she was on her way.......ummmm her appt was at 7:3- WHICH I opened up early for! I told her she would have to reschedule, I took in another dog - which I did. Nothing like calling 4 1/2 hours late! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CountryCanines View Post
          Ohhh she politely called me to let me know at NOON that she was on her way.......ummmm her appt was at 7:3- WHICH I opened up early for! I told her she would have to reschedule, I took in another dog - which I did. Nothing like calling 4 1/2 hours late! LOL
          Well, at least she was polite about it, lol.
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

My boss would have said "sure come on in" and not even think about asking if I could still do it. Ofcourse she would have also booked another dog for the early time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey View Post
              My boss would have said "sure come on in" and not even think about asking if I could still do it. Ofcourse she would have also booked another dog for the early time.
              Oh man, that sucks!
              Thankfully my boss will ask, and generally won't take a dog if they are more than 30 min late!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey View Post
                Sounds exactly like my old job.....I'm outta there!

Comment

Well she also had a mini poodle. So to take the chow mix and poodle in at noon (well she CALLED me at noon so no clue when she couldve made it) when theyre new clients.......I just didnt want to risk it. AND teach her that it was ok to do that to me. They had specifically asked me to open early & accomodate them. She never called me to let me know she was running late, etc. I just thought it was so rude! I had 7 other dogs in today - everyone else managed to come in on time! lol. She is coming in next week now.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryCanines View Post
                    Well she also had a mini poodle. So to take the chow mix and poodle in at noon (well she CALLED me at noon so no clue when she couldve made it) when theyre new clients.......I just didnt want to risk it. AND teach her that it was ok to do that to me. They had specifically asked me to open early & accomodate them. She never called me to let me know she was running late, etc. I just thought it was so rude! I had 7 other dogs in today - everyone else managed to come in on time! lol. She is coming in next week now.
                    You know that you're so right about "teaching" them. A lot of times we will refuse to take a late appointment because they're late, even though we could really fit them in.

Comment

Oh, wow, that's kind of a relief I bet! It's the owners like that who have dogs that you just don't wanna groom---nasty, matted, etc...

I wonder what this chow mix would have been like? Anyway, your'e so right about teaching them. I also agree that it is so rude to ask you to accomodate them at that early hour and then they didn't show up. I had that happen with a customer and her 2 yorkies. Desperately wanted them done for Christmas but I was booked up Begged me to do them Saturday (I'd groomed them once before without a hitch). "Sure. Just this once." I mean, it was CHRISTMAS, I wanted them to be happy and wanted them to have their dogs groomed for Christmas. I get up at 6:15 am, drag my fanny end out of bed even though I would rather have slept in, got there and waited. And waited. Called. "OH...uh, we're on our way..." 45 min later, not here. Called, NO ANSWER. I just left. I was TICKED. That was the LAST time I will EVER go in on a Saturday.

Tammy in Utah
                      Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 03-15-07, 06:11 AM.
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

What's amazing that people think it s ok to be late or call 4 hours later and that we should stillopen our arms to them. if your late to your hair dresser, doctor,etc.. to bad reshedule. and someties with a charge and some hairdresser wont take you again. I know a couple that said the told there customers that were late sorry no way. Also why are you doing a dog that stresses you out.
                        If I get a call to do a dog that makes me uneasy or stress about it I d rather say Iam sorry but i cant accomodate that size or breed of dog or that your just heavley book at this time for the next 4 months (lol )

Comment

Working...
                        X