Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Dance!

Ok I had a great weekend.

On Sat. they left me by myself. (yeah) with 22 dogs . Made a lot of money. The clients were happy because they knew when their dogs would be finished none of the normal hey we'll call you. And no one was there more than 4 hrs. I had every one done and gone by 7:30pm and still made Sat. date night (bf was happy too).

Nice quiet day on Sun. (yeah) and when I got home my dog's handler called and said my Aussie had finished his championship. (double yeah).

Mon. moring I come in and the boss tells me that one of the other groomers had given her 2 wks. (triple yeah). I dislike this woman she called me greedy when she had 4 dogs and I had 1.

So I got home Mon. afternoon and the Happy Dance in the front yard.
    Never gonna know if you never even try

22 dogs. Good job! Geez, that's a lot! How many haircuts, and how many baths?
    I love a great weekend! Mine was good too, because I just chilled, lol.
    We are picking up at work finally, and yesterday and today were both CRAZY, so I am looking forward to seeing that money that you mentioned, lol.
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

high five

good gosh! 22 is alot. The most I will handle is 15 by myself in a day. 8 grooms and like 7 baths. At Christmas usually. By then I'm beat. Glad 2 hear you had a great weekend. Sometimes round here I have to tell myself there is another good day coming. lol.

Comment

Goodness! 22 dogs........I hope you went out & had a margarita after! LOL. Anyway, congrats on the one girl giving her notice. Its SO hard when there's tension w/someone at work - now you can kick back & relax at work after she leaves........I bet it alleviates a lot of stress for you!

Comment

WOW! That's a lot of dogs-hope the majority were kennel baths and not full haircuts. Congrats on your new CHAMPION!! I know what a thrill it is to get that call.
          Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

22 dogs? I wouldn't be able to dance!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

22? half baths? In 28 years the most I've ever tackled in one day by myself was 14. All haircuts...no thank you...Im not insane! LOL just crazy hehehe

Comment

22 dogs. I can't imagine doing that many. I NEVER have done that many. I think my top was 10-12 and probably half of those were bb. Yesterday I did 4 poodles and I was dead, two of those were wet shaves. As Tammy said "22 dogs. I wouldn't be able to dance."

Congrats on your champion!

Congrats on the one less groomer in a couple of weeks. Should make things much nicer at work for you.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

6 bathes (3 chihs, 1 golden, 1 catahoulax, and a lab puppy). The rest were grooms. And yes their was a Maragrita later.
                  Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

So you did 16 full grooms? :: passing out ::

Are you sure you didn't start the margaritas BEFORE the end of your shift? HOW is that possible? I would have died. Would love the paycheck though!

Tammy in Utah
                    Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 03-14-07, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Do you cage dry? Or better yet do you eat and drink and use the restroom? I would be dead...

Comment

HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU DO 2 dogs per hour for what...11 hours? I'm guessing 8 am to 7:30, maybe go to the bathroom and time from one dog to another etc...

HOW is that possible? I would never get them all done. Most I've ever done was 12, and that was in about the same amount of time, 8 am - 7 pm. I barely survived!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Working...
                        X