Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update...

I think the baby just erased my post...so I'll try again. Anyway, I had 2 interviews yesterday. The first girl didn't show, or call, so I guess that means that I don't have her fill out an application if she shows up some other time. She called yesterday morning to confirm, so I thought it was unusual that she didn't show up.

The other girl seems very nice. Currently she's working as a massage therapist, and is interested in getting into canine massage. Now, if she turns out to be the one I hire, do I hire her with the idea of offering massage once she gets certified? Hubby says no cause he doesn't think anyone will buy it, but I think they will. He also says no cause if she leaves then I can't offer it anymore. What do you guys think? Could I just take a pet massage class and offer it in case she decides to leave? Or don't do it at all? Or go for it for as long as possible.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Pet Massage

Erin there is an online pet massage course at www.equissage.com Where they send you all the materials ( videos,books) and you study at your own pace and practice on your own dogs and receive a certificate you could do if and before the woman leaves. If you like everything else about her, I would give her a try and ask her if it would be okay to advertise and use that skill of hers while she is there and maybe she can show you some of it for future use.

I think some might go for the idea for nervous and elderly pets if it isn't too cost prohibitive.

Comment

Just so you know, I do get my dogs a massage. I pay 35 for a 1/2 hour. I run them in agility and sometimes something is just not right, they may be favoring a foot or avoiding an obstacle,it works.

Comment

Carla, do you get just massage, or also like chiropractic work to get them aligned again? I was going to start chiropractic stuff with my guys who both do agility, and wrestle like maniacs, but if massage has similar results I'd like to try that.
        Erin

Comment

The massage girl emailed me back saying she really liked the shop, etc etc, and would like a chance at the trial day I had mentioned to her. I guess I don't know where to draw the line between uber-professionalism and friendly being open with what I would like to do with the shop.

Ex: do I email her back and say if it works out, would she be interested in doing k9 massage at my shop, or just wait and see if the trial day goes well and act pretty separated from the situation until it's official???
          Erin

Comment

I would not even mention the massage thing. Lots of time for that later if she works out. Leave everything open for now. Could be interesting down the road, tho. Good luck!
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Working...
            X