Getting rid of a client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of a client

Have you ever had to get rid of a client that you just don't want. The dog is not bad so I can't use that as an excuse. They have never been late or anything like that so I can't use that either.

Leave A Message On Machine

You could leave a message on the machine saying due to a personality conflict, you feel they might be happier going to another groomer. Harsh, but it kind of puts the problem from your end. They would be happier without you, rather then you without them.Maybe others here have better wording. Curious, what IS wrong with them?

Comment

raise their price and tell them you are booked 4 month out. Why do you want to get rid of them?
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Why?

I'm curious, too, what the reason is. Yes, I've gotten rid of clients and I tell them the truth. There are numerous reasons and I'd just be honest.

Comment

Do you just not like them, who cares? If the check clears , cash it!

Comment

If I do not want to do a dog or the owners are yucky,,,I raise the price until I like doing the dog. I really only have 2 that are higher than other clips of the same type.

Comment

you could say something along the lines of "I've decided to focus on X breeds or small dogs only or need to tighten up my schedule, etc. and am letting my clients know so that they will have ample time to make arrangements for their pet's next groom". Say what a pleasure it was to groom "Waldo" and hope to see you around town, thanks and bye! No hard feelings or uncomfortable tension.

Comment

Yes, what is wrong with them? If the dog's OK, they show up promptly for appts, and their money's good, what's the problem? We all put up with the occaissional PIA people form time to time. Just part of dealing with the public.
                Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Lets just say untrust worthy and that is being nice. I was warned by several people about them after I let them book the appointment. Usually I am a hard a#@ with people about appointments if they no show or whatever but these people haven't done anything and I didn't want to make them mad. My problem is solved as of tonight! When they called to confirm their appointment I fibbed. I know I shouldn't have but I feel alot better now, I will probably get struck by lightening tomorrow..........

Comment

Petsrus, I agree with you, listen to your heart, if your heart told you something isn't right, follow it. I will politely tell this owner(s) I don't feel comfortable to groom it anymore, and doesn't matter what they say, I will just reply " no, I can't , sorry "

Comment

I had one client who I just told out right I wouldn't groom their dog any longer. They had messed with my oldest son, he lost his job and ended up loosing his house too. Didn't want to groom his cocker after that, and it was a GOOD cocker.
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

I have "fired" 2 customers. Mostly for missing appointments and I just told them I was very sorry but I simply couldn't depend on them.

Comment

I have to fire someone in the not-too-distant future, and I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to say. The woman is neurotic, phones several times through the dog's groom in a panic to make sure he's okay and will he be done sooner, and then she ignores p/u time anyway, comes 45 mins. early and gets the dog so worked up I can barely finish. He's an undisciplined screamin' meemie that bites on his front legs and comes in matted. I'd love to tell her the truth, but will probably take the cowardly route and say I'm way too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by misscatahoula View Post
                            I'd love to tell her the truth, but will probably take the cowardly route and say I'm way too busy.
                            And why would you do that? It would be a lot more fun to have the dog half finished/half shaved, and hand it back to her and say, "Sorry, can't finish. You walked in before the appointed pick up time and the dog flipped out. Much, much too dangerous, I'll probably poke his eye out if I keep trying. Sorry."

"Oh, and that'll be $XX."

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                              And why would you do that? It would be a lot more fun to have the dog half finished/half shaved, and hand it back to her and say, "Sorry, can't finish. You walked in before the appointed pick up time and the dog flipped out. Much, much too dangerous, I'll probably poke his eye out if I keep trying. Sorry."

"Oh, and that'll be $XX."

Tammy in Utah
                              I could see saying I'm too busy because I hate major conflict. And this woman is already WAY too emotionally charged! But your idea sounds way more fun,lol. And probably more satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                              X