Update on Soda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Soda

She is doing soooooo much better in the crate.

She'll go outside for her last potty break at about 10:00 p.m. and in the crate she goes for the night.

The first night I had to do the "earthquake" shake with her crate a couple of times. After about 30 min. to 1 hour she was quiet. She slept all night!

The second night no noise at all. Just went in (had to help her in, doesn't go in by herself yet) and went to sleep. Slept all night again.

Last night (3rd night) she was a little noisy but quieted down in just a couple of minutes. She did wake up around 3:30 a.m. wanting to go out. Toby went out with her (he thinks he has to be with her all the time, her little body guard) and in just a few min. outside she went potty and came back up the deck and was ready to go back in the house. Slept until about 7:30 and was ready to go out with rest of the dogs.

I usually leave her outside when I groom and she just loves it. She has learned that when the sun goes down she is suppose to come in.

All in all I think we are going to make it. I'm getting my sleep again (much happier camper now) and she is sleeping in her crate. I don't think we will give her away, she is just too dang cute!!
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

where are the pictures?????

Comment

Your Puppy

Pixie---So glad to hear that the puppy is settling in and you are getting sleep. I know with all 3 of my kids, I was sick shortly after delivering b/c of lack of sleep etc...

We are getting a new addition to our family in about 6 weeks. Tell me what the earthquake is and what does it do for the puppy. I have a feeling I am going to have to use that technique as well!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        She is doing soooooo much better in the crate.

She'll go outside for her last potty break at about 10:00 p.m. and in the crate she goes for the night.

The first night I had to do the "earthquake" shake with her crate a couple of times. After about 30 min. to 1 hour she was quiet. She slept all night!

The second night no noise at all. Just went in (had to help her in, doesn't go in by herself yet) and went to sleep. Slept all night again.

Last night (3rd night) she was a little noisy but quieted down in just a couple of minutes. She did wake up around 3:30 a.m. wanting to go out. Toby went out with her (he thinks he has to be with her all the time, her little body guard) and in just a few min. outside she went potty and came back up the deck and was ready to go back in the house. Slept until about 7:30 and was ready to go out with rest of the dogs.

I usually leave her outside when I groom and she just loves it. She has learned that when the sun goes down she is suppose to come in.

All in all I think we are going to make it. I'm getting my sleep again (much happier camper now) and she is sleeping in her crate. I don't think we will give her away, she is just too dang cute!!

Sounds like a gem of a pup to me, Pixie, a real keeper. I love the name, too. I'm glad we helped you pick it, lol.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Yeah! that's great! So do we get to see pics yet?!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Luvkitties the "earthqake" shake is not my idea. Someone in my post about this new puppy giving me trouble about sleeping in the crate told me how to do it. When the pup is in the crate and starts barking, crying and just making a fuss you shake the crate and tell him/her no. It took only a couple of times for her to get the idea.

My hubby calls her Soda Pop.

Hang in there guys I'm trying to get pics figured out. When I do I'll post them(of course she may be an old dog by the time I figure it out) lol
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Yay!!! I knew it would get better!

What a good pup. Even if there are set-backs, sounds like you're on track for more good days than bad. I know how hard it is to make sense of a situation when you're sleep deprived.

Here's to a long happy life with your new family member!

Comment

Working...
              X