The best dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best dogs

We have a few regulars that are so used to grooming that they really make our job a pleasure. I have a lab that I bathe every Wednesday. He jumps into the tub. Turns around when when asked. Jumps down from the tub and puts himself in a crate. We actually have several that come in wagging their tails and just hop into any open crate they can find. I do a pair of shelties every two weeks that offer me their paws when they see me pick up the nail clippers. Yesterday we had a really funny one. A standard poodle that jumped onto the table (the correct table) and promptly wriggled her head into the noose. Later after she was dried and ready for her haircut she trotted back out to the same grooming table and jumped up and tried to get her head thru the noose again but the loop was too small for her. What a good girl!

I bet some of you have great stories to tell about dogs that make your job easier.

i also do a lab that does all that too sometimes i tell him i wish you could scrub and dry yourself for me. i also have a pit that i do every week he gets so excited to see me that he pulls his owner to my van and scratches on the door so i can let him in and then he tries to climb in the tub and he wags his tail the whole time i'm grooming him.one other dog falls asleep when i'm bathing her she's fallen a couple of times because she is falling asleep she is so cute.

Comment

Perfect Poodle!!!

AWW!!! Gotta love those dogs who love to be groomed!!! Back in December, I groomed a Standard named Stoner. As I shaped his top knot, he would move his head up and down as I scissored!!! HE WAS GREAT!!! I really wanted to take him home with me!! LOL!!! In our salon, I would say about 85%+ of the dogs have a bad habit or two (or a million) of some sort but Stoner was PERFECT!!! He is, by far, one of my favs!!!

Comment

Stoner!!!!!

Hehe, no wonder he was sooooo goooooood! He had no worries mon!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Some of my best grooms are also the St. Poodles. They just loooove to show off. I love it when I do a poodle foot and they hand me the other paw w/out asking. Really neat! I have 3 PWD's that are wonderful to work w/once they are on the table. They are super hyper (like all PWD's) when they aren't being groomed, but they are pro's at being groomed......two of them are show, and one is retired, so I guess they really know the ropes. I have lots of doggie clients who are so happy to come in and see me! It definately makes up for the ones who drag their heels....lol
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

I have a Tzu, Tootsie , that comes in every 6 wks. I so look forward to her appt. she does not need a loop, she hands me her legs front and back to do nails and clip, it is so funny! She turns for me to do her sides, back , lifts head for chest. She is an 7 ao. I do have more that are very coperertive but Toots really takes the cake!!

Comment

I wish I had dogs that were that good!
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I had a dachshund client that was perfect. He was my buddy. He wagged his tail the whole time, and he is the reason that I love dachshunds! He died last year though

I have a yorkie mix that is PERFECT. She stands like a perfect little lady the entire time, not a move out of her! She is such a lovable little doll too!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I have a bichon who could come in with eight inch coat, and not have a tangle. He comes in every two weeks and his mom thoroughly brushes him out. She also has a table, force dryer and a le pooches brush at home. If it rains, she will dry him strait and brush him. Don’t you wish they all were like that?

Comment

This is refreshing...

We always have tough days, but it's nice to focus on the ones that make it so much fun. I have a mini poodle who is nutso, but in a sweet, goofy way, and as long as I don't do too much verbal praise stays calm on the table. Well, he gets so relaxed, he falls asleep while he's standing there. I used to groom a shih that would literally roll over on her back to let me shave her legs and tummy. I couldn't believe that one! What a sweetie.
                  Erin
                  No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I have a Newfie who walks into the shop and heads directly for the tub. Goes right up the stairs and jumps right in...like she's on a mission. Unfortunately last week when she came in there was already a toy poodle in the tub...I had to use all my strength to hold her back from diving in and flattening the poor boy!

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by scullysmom View Post
                      I have a bichon who could come in with eight inch coat, and not have a tangle. He comes in every two weeks and his mom thoroughly brushes him out. She also has a table, force dryer and a le pooches brush at home. If it rains, she will dry him strait and brush him. Don’t you wish they all were like that?

Who?? The dog or the owner???? LOL!!! I think both would be nice but then we would be out of a job!!! LOL!!!!!

Comment

I groom a bulldog, named Rocky, who waits anxiously at the door when he hears my van coming down the driveway. When I walk up to the door the owner opens it, and he runs straight for the van, as he keeps turning around with a look of "would you hurry! Please hurry!" When I open the door he jumps right in the van and up onto the table. I can barely hold him back getting into the tub. I also groom a lab at the same house who isn't so enthusiatic, but Rocky will sit outside of the van looking up into the window the whole time I'm grooming her.
                        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                        X