should i say something or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i say something or not

back when i first started my mobile business i met another groomer in a gas station (she is mobile too) she was very impressed with my brand new wgnt van and asked if she could take a look i said sure and let her in showed her everything and we talked for a little and that was it, well for the past 3 yrs she keeps giving my number to people that she does not want to deal with or very difficult dogs or dogs that never get groomed,chows big dogs etc. get the idea? the last time she called me was about 4mo ago she is the one that calls me all the time to see how i'm doing if i want to go have lunch etc. wich i think is nice,my problem is that i don't have the nerve to call her and tell her to stop giving my number out because i don't have time to groom big dogs anymore or deal with hairy beasts. also some people have mentioned if we are friends and i dont know what to say some people don't say very good things about her (wich i dont believe most of the time)that's she is very unreliable and so on,what do you all think should i call her and say something or not and what should i say i dont want an enemy!.the other thing is if she was trying to be nice to me why does'nt she reffer a lab,boxer a bulldog you get the idea right.

sounds to me like she is just tryn to be friendly and help you out. I don't think she is being wrong to refer you. If you don't want the referals, tell her over lunch. Its no big deal. You might even enjoy talking "dogs" together. call her for lunch and just mention to her that you've gotten way too busy to do big dogs anymore, does she know of someone that you can refer people to? thats nice have fun doing lunch!

Comment

I think it's perfectly ok to call her and say hello and thanks for the referrals. Then say However you were unable to take the referrals she has given due to the dogs being over your weight allowance, or they are not regular clients and you just don't have time for them. No problem to mention that, I'm sure her response woud be oh sorry I didn't know you had any requirements.

Comment

I agree w/hairdevil. A referral is a referral. I would try to take it in the spirit intended. Maybe she doesn't do biggies and for some reason thinks that you do, thus the referral of the ones you consider to be PITA's. I would have lunch w/her, it is always good to have a groomer pal, or even a network of groomer pal's. As far as what you hear about her....ignore it. For whatever reason grooming is a profession that you will always hear gossip (usually negative and wrong) about a person. Judge her on your own merit not what others say.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
          sounds to me like she is just tryn to be friendly and help you out. I don't think she is being wrong to refer you. If you don't want the referals, tell her over lunch. Its no big deal. You might even enjoy talking "dogs" together. call her for lunch and just mention to her that you've gotten way too busy to do big dogs anymore, does she know of someone that you can refer people to? thats nice have fun doing lunch!
          I agree. First thank her for the referrals, but you've gotten too busy to take any new large dogs, big hairy monsters, etc.

Comment

I agree with Hair. Just call her and thank her for the referrals and tell her you are not taking big hairy monsters anymore because they wear you out. There is nothing wrong with that.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'd go to lunch with her, and over lunch, talk about business casually and bring up the fact that your back is no longer what it used to be and that you've decided that you no longer do big hairies, once-a-year dogs, etc.

WHy doesn't she send you the labs, bull dogs, boxers, etc? Because for obvious reasons she's keeping those for herself. She's just sending you the dogs SHE wont do either. Maybe you can mention what I said above, and ask her innocently "Do you want me to refer them to you, or would you rather I refer them to a shop in town?" LOL...maybe a subtle hint.

Who knows if it is true (what the owners are saying about her), if they are coming to YOU, then you can prove yourself by offering a great groom and great personality along with it. I think people can "sense" good and bad.

Just the other day I had a customer come in and I groomed her dog and she was telling me (when she came to pick up) that she used to go to the shop down the road, but "she just didn't have a good feeling about them." She said she didn't think they were harming the dog, but that she just didn't have a good feeling and that they were not very friendly. I am glad she trusted that feeling and I think everything she said was true about these gals. They used to be in MY position and then took off with the client list (illegal!). Nearly got sued for it too! People can sense "bad" unless they themselves are "bad"---people tend to be attracted to people who are just like themselves.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

My bread and butter here was other mobilers referring the big guys to me, and I was happy to have them...still am. I would have lunch with her and tell her how you feel and ask about her preferences as well...you should network together. I also feel however, it is not her job to filter the clientele it is yours. I would take initiative to research groomers in your area who DO big guys and share the info. with her. Best of luck!!!

Comment

I agree with Hair and Paws. They both had some really good ideas.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Working...
                  X