Help, my customer wants me to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, my customer wants me to.....

I have a customer who wants her 2 Bichons to look like Barbara Streisand's Bichons. And what she means is how they are fluffed like all Bichons but on the very tip of their hair it is almost curly and extremely shiny. I told her that I'm sure they used some product/s(maybe a gel that I've never seen in my product catalogs) to achieve this look and the lighting for the photo shoot also has a lot to do with it but that I would ask you all if there were any way I can achieve this on her Bichons. The catch also is that they have extremely sensitive skin and I can only use hypoallergenic products. Hey, maybe if I can accomplish this, I could move to California and groom for the stars and be rich! Thanks everyone.

How does she know what her bichons look like?
    If you find out how, let me know I'm already here..lol
    Wonder if they just spritz the ends and add a fine glitter for the caM?

Comment

1/2 and 1/2

That's a little extreme. I use about a 10/1 ratio.

Comment

Bichons

I'd be curious to see a picture of Barbara Streisand's dogs...anyone have one?

Comment

And of course you'll be charging the same as Bab's groomer then too, right? =)

Comment

I saw a picture in Oprah once, and I actually wasn't even sure what they were. Not that great a trim IMO

Comment

Out of curiosity I played around on google and here is what I came up with:

http://www.barbra-archives.com/news/2002news.html
              http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...8935&ym=200509
              http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-104864c.html

Looks like every other fluffy white blankapoo out there to me. lol

Comment

"picture perfect"

I would tell her to take a picture of her dogs and (with your photoshop) you would be glad to make her dogs look like Barbara's.

Most of the photos in mag's are retouched. It's amazing what they can do to make a "picture perfect".

Comment

Looks like a typical ungroomed maltese/bichon to me...maybe all bichon. The hair is really covering the eyes. THAT would bother me.
                  So grooming like them is easy. Take the dog, bathe the dog, kennel dry the dog, hand back the dog, $$$$$$$$$ for making them look like a star.

Comment

Train Wreck style Bichon Frise???

That dog looks all stringy and rag-a-muffin like. Have to explain to her that that look happens about two weeks after a regular groom if the owner doesn't comb the dog inbetween groomings. And since Barbara won't put the dog down for a minute you can't tell how long the hair is underneath and on the sides....lol. I think a bath alone for Barbara's dogs would make them look a lot fluffier...whatever.

Comment

bab's dogs...

Hi sally, barbara streisands dogs are coton de tulears. i only know this becasue i HAD a customer with two of them. they got them because barbara streisand had them! their hair is like cotton candy. wonder if that has anything to do with the name? hmmm! they were ALWAYS a mess. they lived in the country and the owners let them roam through mud, shrubs like they were labs or something and then they wanted me weekly to groom them and they didn't come near them with a brush and then had the nerve to criticize how i missed some matts. they were 8 weeks old when i started and about 6 months when i stopped. first customer I let go!!! anyway, i talked to their breeder, they are soooo high maintenance. good luck!

Comment

gonetothedogs, I had to look quick to see where you were from, 'cuz I was sure you were talking about the two cotons I did on a regular basis at my last job, they were ALWAYS a mess. Apparantly the dad got them in a divorce settlement, and I don't think he really wanted them, just didn't want the wife to get them 'cuz she did want them. About every other time he brought them in, I'd just have to do a #7 strip on them, they were so matted and dirty and full of burrs and twigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                          I have a customer who wants her 2 Bichons to look like Barbara Streisand's Bichons. And what she means is how they are fluffed like all Bichons but on the very tip of their hair it is almost curly and extremely shiny. I told her that I'm sure they used some product/s(maybe a gel that I've never seen in my product catalogs) to achieve this look and the lighting for the photo shoot also has a lot to do with it but that I would ask you all if there were any way I can achieve this on her Bichons. The catch also is that they have extremely sensitive skin and I can only use hypoallergenic products. Hey, maybe if I can accomplish this, I could move to California and groom for the stars and be rich! Thanks everyone.
                          Looks like your answer has been found! "I'm sorry Mrs. so-n-so, I can't make your bichons look like Barbra's bichons BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY BICHONS!" Now it looks like you got out of this one pretty easy.

However, if you can make her bichons look like coton de tulears, maybe you can move to hollywood and groom for the stars!

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Okay, this thread is getting a good chuckle from me. My thought when I looked at Barbara's "Bishon's" was that it takes real talent to make a pretty Bishon look like an ugly Something-Poo.....lol...
                            SheilaB from SC

Comment

Lol, you all are so right. They look ungroomed! They look curly, and matted, and stringy!
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X