Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clipper Vacs and others

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clipper Vacs and others

    What brand of vacuum system does everyone use, when we can afford one I'd like to know which is the way to go. Why did you buy the one you have and what do you like and dislike about it? I've never tried any kind of clipper vacuum system but I think I would like it.

  • #2
    I love my clipper vac mini, it is very quiet, and easy to switch hose on my two litenings (5 seconds). It isn't very big, so I have to empty it after 3-4 dogs (I only groom small dogs) but that is easy too. I have never used other vacs before, so I can't compare them for you. I do know next time when I need a new clipper, I will go for ivac for sure.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a taxi vac system in my van and then a couple of months ago I bought the Ivac clipper by Laube. IMO it is the best.

      Comment


      • #4
        I use an iVac and I have a love/hate relationship w/it. I love it because it stops me from having to go back over a dog again and again to get it even, I have started using snap on combs and different techniques, and it helps keep things clean. I hate it because it does fatigue my hand, I am constantly tripping on the hose, the vacume is loud, and worse of all, I have had constant trouble w/the powersource shorting out. When I first got the iVac last summer, the plug in kept coming out. The company said, no problem, send it in and we will fix it. It was gone for over a month!!! I had it back LESS than a month when it shorted out. Company said, no problem send it back. Luckily my shampoo guy (who I bought it from) found out and gave me a "loaner". It was gone for almost a month again. This time I had it for almost 2 months when it did the same thing. I asked my shampoo guy if it is something I am doing to cause this. I know I am hard on my equipment, but I baby this thing. Shampoo guy sold me another one at cost so I have a back up. I know I am crazy to buy another one, but I have gotten so used to it I really don't want to groom w/out.
        SheilaB from SC

        Comment


        • #5
          I've used both and my personal preference is the Hanvey Taxi vac because it empties from the bottom and I can literally empty it in 10 sec. Both are excellent products though. I had to use a vac on a shop vac for awhile, and other than the noise it was fine; much better than nothing at all.

          Comment


          • #6
            I use the Clipper Vac mini. I love it. I also have a VacGroom and use a shop vac that I bought at Sears. It is Ultra Quiet, all together the vacuum and the VacGroom cost me about $100. It works just as well as my CV and the noise is about the same.

            Comment


            • #7
              We have the 2 person Clipper Vac. You can pack and pack and pack the hair in and it will still suck it up. Emptying it has been forgotten about for a couple of weeks at a time. Full to exploding and I wonder how it gets any suction at all. It probably helps to have mostly clean hair in it. I don't have any experience with the other brands. A bottom emptying canister sounds like fun though.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have the CV and the IVAC. I hate to be so harsh, but I hate Laube. I hate that things don't work right and you keep having to send it back. Yeah, they may be willing to fix it all the time, but if I pay that much money for something, I want it to work right the first time. The IVAC is much easier to manuever, though.

                I love the CV, wouldn't groom without it. I'm away for the weekend, and let a friend borrow mine. I told her she's going to fall in love! I can't wait to see how she likes it.
                Erin
                No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lbboop99 View Post
                  I use the Clipper Vac mini. I love it. I also have a VacGroom and use a shop vac that I bought at Sears. It is Ultra Quiet, all together the vacuum and the VacGroom cost me about $100. It works just as well as my CV and the noise is about the same.

                  Curiosity killed the cat you know. I've just got to ask, HOW did you get your shop vac to work quietly? If I understand correctly, the VacGroom connects TO your shop vac, right? How does it make it ultra quiet? That would impress me, lol.

                  Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I failed to answer the question, I have a clipper vac tote which I won on Ebay---brand new, still under warranty (which they OFFERED to continue for me in my name). They have the BEST customer service.

                    My CV attachment just randomly fell off my clipper a few weeks back. I nearly died, I thought, "UGH, I'm going to have to mail it in, or get a new one or..." but I called them and the service department told me to use Super Glue brand GEL, and that he's never had any people call back. I tried it and it worked great. I used a CV at another shop I worked at for a looong time, and never had that happen so it was just a fluke thing.

                    I am sure Taxi Vacs are great too, I really like the idea of having a DIAL for adjusting the suction. The CV's don't have a dial, there is simply a regulator that has as flap that you either cover or uncover the hole with. Works fine for me, and the CV is pretty quiet compared to say a shop vac, etc...

                    The only way I know how to imitate the sound is the sound you make when you tell someone "SHHHH!!!" Only louder.

                    Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Spikey,

                      I bought the Shop Vac at Sears for about $75.00. It is a Quiet Deluxe brand. I was very skeptical because I have a Shop Vac brand vacuum that I got at Home Depot about 7 years ago that I use to clean my shop with. It was soooo loud I refused to use it with the VacGroom. So I got the one at Sears and hooked it up and it really isn't any louder than my CV. In fact we use them at the same time in my shop. It just doesn't seem to have that loud screechy noise!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lbboop99 View Post
                        Spikey,

                        I bought the Shop Vac at Sears for about $75.00. It is a Quiet Deluxe brand. I was very skeptical because I have a Shop Vac brand vacuum that I got at Home Depot about 7 years ago that I use to clean my shop with. It was soooo loud I refused to use it with the VacGroom. So I got the one at Sears and hooked it up and it really isn't any louder than my CV. In fact we use them at the same time in my shop. It just doesn't seem to have that loud screechy noise!
                        Thank you for your response! I'll have to keep that in mind, a good idea for a lower price!

                        Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Taxi Vac

                          The small un advertised one for housecall grooming. As stated opens at the bottom, and I can do it mid-standard Poodle Shave without skipping a beat. I like the dial so I can have it as gentle or as powerful as I choose, based on the dogs possible fear of noise, or thickness or laying down of coat. This unit also HV dries and I use it to vacuum around when I'm done. It is so much easier to keep a back all smooth, and so much cleaner with a Vac System. I am wanting the IVAC, but keep hearing of difficulties. Sort of thinking to still wait till any bugs are worked out.
                          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i use a Shop-Vac

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
                              The small un advertised one for housecall grooming. As stated opens at the bottom, and I can do it mid-standard Poodle Shave without skipping a beat. I like the dial so I can have it as gentle or as powerful as I choose, based on the dogs possible fear of noise, or thickness or laying down of coat. This unit also HV dries and I use it to vacuum around when I'm done. It is so much easier to keep a back all smooth, and so much cleaner with a Vac System. I am wanting the IVAC, but keep hearing of difficulties. Sort of thinking to still wait till any bugs are worked out.
                              An un-advertised taxi vac? That is also an HV???? WOWZA, where'd you find that? If it's not advertised? Do you know the FPM airflow? Like the Master Blaster has 58,000 feet per minute (FPM) airflow, what is the taxi vac HV airflow?

                              What a great idea!

                              Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X