Question about HV dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about HV dryers

I work at a vets office and their only HV dryer is a metro (but not a master blaster). I was thinking about buying my own dryer, either a master blaster or k9 II, but I don't want it to be a waste of money of course. First of all, do you need specific types of outlets or anything like that to prevent them from blowing fuses?

I'm still not 100% sure if I want to spend the money right now, but I'm definitely considering it. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Maggy, you HAVE used the Master Blaster or K9 II haven't you?

BECAUSE IF NOT, YOU'LL DIE AT HOW WONDERFUL IT IS!!!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I don't think you would go wrong with either of those choices. I'm not sure about the K9II, but you should have a 20 amp circuit for the Master Blaster. It draws over 15 amps.

Comment

If the K9-II operates the same as the K9-III, you will need the 20amp circuit. We kept blowing them without.

Comment

Haven't tried the master blaster, but have heard great things about it here. Do have the K9 II and it's great!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

As long as your place isn't an old building and doesn't have any piggybacked circuits and hopefully all your outlets aren't only linked to 1 or 2 circuits you should be fine.

Both dries pull 18 amps of power, that's with both motors on.

I've used the Master Blaster and the K9II.. I like the K9II better.
            Becky

Comment

Tammy, I have used a friend's once to help fluff dry a poodle I'm anxious to see how they work on a blown coat though!

I'll have to check at work to see what kind of circuits they have.

Comment

My back-up is the K9 II ....Love it,HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>
                I have a HydroSurge HV and it is Totally the Best! No problem with drawing on a standard 120V(no Heat involved on the settings)

Comment

While I'm asking questions, does anyone know how the davis dryer compares to the master blaster and k9 II? The website doesn't list the price, does anyone know how much it costs?

And Allan, how much does the hydrosurge HV cost?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Maggy, for blown coat it does a LOT of the work for you. Sometimes I will brush/dry at the same time, and get even more hair out. It is incredible how much "back ache" you will no longer suffer because of it. It's worth it to have one. Tell the vets you can groom more dogs if you have one. More dogs = more money for them, right? Blast the water off those "refresher bath" labs, then kennel dry them, instead of just straight to the kennel dryer.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Once I worked in a pet store and they didn't have a HV, I was tired to explain why I needed something the owner never heard about, lol, so I bought my own. That was the right call for me, more dogs, less stress, more money. But I had to carry it with me in and out, together with all my tools ( clippers, blades, scissors....) because I HATED other people touch my tools, and I did find they ( people worked in the store ) used my tools without telling me or put it back.
                      Ask the vet to buy you one, or prepare to carry it in and out. The store owner later did ask me to leave my HV in the store, said it would save me lots trouble to carry around, yep right, I told him I didn't feel trouble about carry my tools around and he became " not very happy " and said he was going to buy a more powerful one for his " store use ".

Comment

If you have the money the K9 III can not be surpassed. If you don't I would recommend the Sullivan dryer. It was made by the same person who designed the K9 II, but there are some changes that were made to improve maintenance issues. I have had mine since 2003, and have performed no maintenance. It is still running as strong as the day I purchased it.

Comment

I recently purchased the K-9 III WONDERFUL!!!!!! I have used the K-9 II, the HYDROSURGE, the Granddaddy Romani, IMO K-9 III is money well spent. Just a hint I bought mine out of www.Dog.com and I paid around $370 with shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by K-9 Designs View Post
                            I recently purchased the K-9 III WONDERFUL!!!!!! I have used the K-9 II, the HYDROSURGE, the Granddaddy Romani, IMO K-9 III is money well spent. Just a hint I bought mine out of www.Dog.com and I paid around $370 with shipping.

Hey, question about that dryer: Does it have 3 switches? I guess what I am asking is can you use it at 1-speed, 2-speed or 3-speed?

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                              Hey, question about that dryer: Does it have 3 switches? I guess what I am asking is can you use it at 1-speed, 2-speed or 3-speed?
                              Tammy in Utah
                              The K9III (I think that's the HV you're asking about) has 2 switches. I used to have a K9II and the III is FAR better, but a little more money. It's absolutely amazing, won't groom without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X