Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay... My Goldendoodle was in excellent condition today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay... My Goldendoodle was in excellent condition today.

The goldendoodle I do usually comes in a matted mess, but only in his back end. His owner is really petite and he just pushed her around when she tries to brush him. Last time she was in she asked how to do it without him biting her and fighting her. So I told her not to let him push her around and if he tries anything to nip it in the bud. He needs to know thats she's in control.. Yada yada.

Well he came in today, she said she'd been doing really well except hadn't brushed him in 2 weeks. I was amazed. He only had 3 mats. One on his head and 2 on the inside of his back leg by the ankle. Right on that thin skin area. They brushed out with no problem.

I had him done in a little over an hour rather than my usual time, 3 - 4 hours. I was in heaven today. It was great.

Wish I could say the same for the Wheaton I did.
    Becky

I had an owner ask me to show her how to brush her dog. I started brushing and the dog started trying to bite. Immediately the owner starting cooing and cuddling the dog while it was biting. I told her that was positive reinforcement for negative behavior. Her dog has been a little less matted the last few times, so hopefully something has changed.

Comment

And where is the photo?!! HMMMM??

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I didn't get a picture. I wish I had though.
        Becky

Comment

Working...
        X