Another new puppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new puppy

Went with my sister this last weekend to visit her daughter in Wyo. and came home with a puppy. I wasn't the one bringing the pup home, it was my sister. When we got home we teased my family saying that I had gotten a new puppy. I couldn't believe it they were so excited about it (that gives me 6 dogs now). We finally told them we were joking and it was really my sisters pup. Went out to the car to help her put the pup back in the car and send them on their way when she told me I could keep the puppy.!? She didn't think her hubby would let her keep it (they have 2 dogs). I told her over and over again not to bring the puppy if she didn't think she could keep it but she kept reasuring me there would be no problem. Her husband is not one of the nicest guys. He is always checking on her to find out where she is, how long will she be somewhere, etc. I told her I wouldn't beable to have the dog since I already had a few. But she wanted it so bad she couldn't leave it behind. She just chickened out and wouldn't even try to take it home. I talked to her yesterday and she was right. She told her hubby that she had brought a puppy home and he told her it couldn't come into the house, they had enough dogs.
    Now I have a new puppy that needs a name. She is a Border Collie/Blue Healer mix. She is more along the lines of a blue merle I would guess. Her face is grey with the tan markings on cheeks and eyebrows, and she has the tan feet with white specks. Her body is white with black undertones. I'm pretty sure she will loose all the white on her body and turn more grey/blue.

I am going to try and post a couple of pics, hope I can do it.
    Please help me find a name for this little girl. We have thrown around Charlie, Willow, Ashley, and the last has been Soda. Any other ideas.

Sorry, not able to get the pics I want. I'll have to ask daughter to help me later, when she comes home from flying (flight attendent).

Maybe you can still throw out some names. Thanks.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I like Soda. I have never heard of a dog named Soda.

Comment

I'm with Dawn...I like the name Soda...and for the same reasons, lol. It's just different!

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I like Lulu

Comment

Congrats Diane...

I like Soda too. It's like Soda Pop from The Outsiders.. Great movie.
          Becky

Comment

i too like soda...you can also come up with all sorts of nicknames...if you go with willow...willow tree, willow bank, willy,lowe, ...Soda, soda pop, pop rocks, Willows rockin soda pop...etc etc
            sounds like your gonna have a handful with THAT mixture LOL! border AND cattle dog...wheweee! hope your gonna do some herding or something with her lol. so that gives you what now? 6 or 7 dogs total?
            Hound
            ~Havin a Hound Lovin' Good time!~

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
              Congrats Diane...

I like Soda too. It's like Soda Pop from The Outsiders.. Great movie.
              that IS a great movie!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
                sounds like your gonna have a handful with THAT mixture LOL! border AND cattle dog...wheweee! hope your gonna do some herding or something with her lol. so that gives you what now? 6 or 7 dogs total?
                Hound
                ~Havin a Hound Lovin' Good time!~
                It makes 6 dogs now. I'm planing on doing something with her, not sure what yet. I don't have anything for her to herd, except the other dogs lol, but I know she needs to be kept busy. I wasn't really planning on having another dog. That's why it is soooo hard coming up with a name.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

"Stay gold, Ponyboy"

Comment

I named a customers Pug pup today.. she brought it in for nails and I asked her the Name.. They just got it and havent come up with a name yet.

while holding the lil guy and letting him lick my face, he licked my glasses..

I said something like, "ok, now you're just a Smudge"

The Lady's eyes lit up, and that was it..

I think it's perfect for a Pug.. Smudge )
                    Last edited by MindysMuddyPaws; 03-07-07, 04:03 PM. Reason: cuz i type like the blind drive

Comment

I just today sent in my application for an American Mastiff. They said it is usually like 8-10 months wait. My mom said I am crazy. Why? Tobler is lonley without Diamond. Congrats!
                      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

With the merle look, (and I know this is NOT that original) but Smokey would be a good name. Cinder, maybe or Ashe. Geeze, sounds like I'm thinking about a campfire or something, LOL.

Comment

I named a cat (now he's my friend's cat) Not because he's NOT my cat.

Comment

Pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                              I just today sent in my application for an American Mastiff. They said it is usually like 8-10 months wait. My mom said I am crazy. Why? Tobler is lonley without Diamond. Congrats!
                              Didn't know what an American Mstiff was so I looked it up and found this site http://www.americanmastiff.org/
                              and within it, this link, related to mastiffs in general and anesthesia... http://members.aol.com/RocknRob56/anesthesia.html
                              Oddly enough, this vet's in my state.

Good luck getting one if it's what you're after.

Comment

Working...
                              X