new oster clippers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new oster clippers?

does anyone here have the new oster powermax 2 speed clippers? I been using andis AG forever, and it's about time for new ones. I was thinking of getting the oster ones. But I'm afraid of spending 118 bucks on ****. (then having to later order andis again anyways)

I have a pair and they are heavier than the AGC's. So take that in consideration when using them all day. Also mine got louder after about 6 monthes of use. I used them for almost a whole year and then switched back to the Andis . Mostly because I couldn't figure out how to do routine mantianence on them.
    Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

I guess I'll be the first to jump off that cliff. LOL

Comment

Oh gosh. I don't know about the new Osters but I hate the older Oster clippers. They're heavy and get burning hot in your hand. They're loud. They have an exhaust vent that blows hot air and hair (inevitably butt hair) into your face. And I never could figure out the maintenance either. The gear in them was forever burning up and stripping out.

This reminds me, I have an old Oster Turbo clipper, 2 speed around here somewhere that I should put on ebay. I'm sure someone likes them or they wouldn't still be making them.

Comment

I use only Oster at the moment (& only in the past). But I'm not completely partial to them. I LOVE my tidbit (wahl) btw, it's small but SO mighty. I am thinking of purchasing a different brand in the future. But my Oster's haven't given me any problems - the A5's are a bit bulky, but I'm used to them. I have the Turbo A5's, both single and double speeds. I don't know anything about the Performax, but maybe someone else does. I'm also really quite partial to Oster blades, I know others don't like them at all. I guess everyone has their preferences. If you try the Performax out, let us know what you think! Oh and my husband does all the maintenance on my clippers - so that helps alot. I have a pair of Oster's over 15 yrs old that I still use. It must of been a good year for Oster, those clippers have been like the Energizer bunny!!

Comment

need to see if any parts will be available for them. This is what happened to the last two clippers they came out with. Not even the normal wear parts like brushes and levers were going to be available. You would have to send them in to Oster to have them changed.

Tim
            Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
            123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Originally posted by lovessharpening View Post
              need to see if any parts will be available for them. This is what happened to the last two clippers they came out with. Not even the normal wear parts like brushes and levers were going to be available. You would have to send them in to Oster to have them changed.

Tim
              This is good information to know. I hate having equipment sitting around because there is nowhere to get it fixed.

Comment

Here is what Oster said. They will have the drive and brushes. Any other repairs will require you to send the clipper in andthey would exchange it. This is a common practice with their china made clippers they said. Possibly they might have parts in the future, but they doubt it based on passed history.

Tim
                Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
                123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

In school we had Oster clippers (they came with our package of stuff we bought). But as soon as I left I pruchased an Andis. The Oster was soo loud and heavy. Plus it got hot all the time. I didn't realize how loud it was till my Andis came! What a difference. I still do buy the Oster blades, but they're for my Andis. I don't think I could ever go back to an Oster.

Comment

I have the old stand by Osters now for 15 years also. I use them mostly to do clean feet. The blade stays cooler than my Andis. But for all other grooming I go to the Andis, not so heavy and quieter.

Sorry to say I don't know anything about the powermax.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Working...
                    X