New Wahl Snap on Combs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wahl Snap on Combs

It's rare that I get all excited about a new product but I ordered the new Wahl snap on combs...stainless steel rather than plastic. They are awesome! I never thought that it would make that much difference but there is a huge improvement in the finish on the dogs. It's really amazing. They just glide through the hair with no resistance.

Anyway, for anyone who might have been debating on getting them, they are more than worth the money! Particularly if you are doing a lot of hand dried Bichons or Poodles. The nice finish really cut down on my scissor time.

I have them and love them. The only bad thing is they already ate one of my 30 blades and a piece of plastic on the side of the #1 broke off when it fell on the floor. It keeps the comb in place so now I have to watch that it's on right.

Comment

I totally agree, I just ordered my own set (along with a couple of #30 blades)
      about 5 minutes ageo. I tried a co-workers out at work, and couldn't believe the difference between these and the plastic snap ons, I'm a complete convert.

Comment

I've heard nothing but great things about this, I must order them,tomorrow!! lol

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this because I wasn't sure if I should waste my money on the new Walh snap ons. Looks like I'll be making a phone call tomorrow...

Comment

I'm with ya! Each of my w. Combs have thier own 30 blade, too. Less chance of messing up blades.
            I do lots of Bishons, they are so nice!

Comment

Yep, me too. I've had mine since Oct. and really do love them. Yes, they did eat a couple blades at first-you need to put them on with care. Worth every dime IMO!
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I am with y'all ... I love them. I also agree that the plastic sides break easily (way to easily) but for $30 a set, we can trade out the ones we need with each other :-).

I bought #30 blades for each comb (buttercut only $15 each) and leave the comb on the blade, to help prolong their short life becuae they are the best.
                Who would have thought that I would happily give away my $60 comb set for this one.

Comment

wahl combs

FYI
                  I use a 40 under combs.

DO NOT use a 40 under these. The 40 is a vee bit wider than a 30 and you'll mess up your equipment.

When I purchase these I will get the wahl 30 to use only with these combs.
                  I learned soooo much in Hotlanta. Love the Pet Fair!

Erica

Comment

What's this about them eating your 30s? What're they doing? What brand of blades are you using with them? My 30s are Wahl blades. I started using their blades about a year or so ago and really like them.

Comment

The new wahl combs knocked all of the teeth out of my 40 blade and was told by someone else on the board, I don't remember who to use #15 blades under the combs. The package says works best with the wahl#30

Comment

I ordered mine today, if you gals adore them so much, there must be a good reason so I just went for it. Thanks

Comment

They are great they dont pock the dog there softer rounded and dont get caught in there hair.

Comment

whatever

Gr. SO I am waiting for the plastic andis to get here and voila... a groomer from the area shows me her wahl snap ons and I read this board and I think, I am so going to appreciate the upgrade when it happens but.... it wont for a bit. I just spent so much money tonight. Grooming tools are expensive!

Comment

Working...
                            X