Bakery items for sale in salon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakery items for sale in salon?

I own a salon and LOVE to bake. I have baked treats for clients in the past. Do any of you sell them at your shops? If so, what recipes sell the best?

Ones with a purpose:-) Example: Mint for breath, pumpkin for digestive, etc.

Comment

they go stale

Home made and sent-by-mail bakery items. They dont sell that well either. You would think the fancier the treat with carob frosting - the faster it would sell - NOT

I now carry lots of jars of http://www.GrandmaLucys.com lots of varieties, cookies, meatballs all freeze-dried, stay fresh for a year unopened and 3 months opened. Profit is about 4 per jar and worth it.

Comment

no I don't, but thinking about my friend who wants to start that kind of business and selln her treats/bisquits at the shop with my label on them..sounds like a good idea to me!

Comment

I recieved a sample from The dog house bakery in East Rutherford, NJ. They make some really nice stuff. They have these cookies on a dental chew they call lolipups. My dog loves them. They also make these things that look like little pizza's my dogs love those too. There products are awesome and they wrap them in the cutiest baggies with pawprints on them. They also use pawprint ribbons too. So cute!!
          I don't think they have a website up yet but there number is 201-933-7007 if ya want to call maybe get a sample.

Comment

Originally posted by GroomSaloon View Post
            Home made and sent-by-mail bakery items. They dont sell that well either. You would think the fancier the treat with carob frosting - the faster it would sell - NOT
            We sell bakery items in our shop, and they sell very well! So I think it just depends on your area
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

maybe im wrong, maybe its by state/county, but I've heard you cannot sell food for human consumption from a place that also works with animals..

im sure im off a bit.. but i've heard something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by MindysMuddyPaws View Post
                maybe im wrong, maybe its by state/county, but I've heard you cannot sell food for human consumption from a place that also works with animals..

Wow, I didn't even think they were talking about treats for human consumption. Is that what you all meant??

I'd have to say I really wouldn't eat anything from a grooming shop or any place that dog hair, dander and who knows what else is flying around. I would feed it to my dog though. lol

Comment

Sorry!!!!! I meant doggie treats, I shouldve made myself more clear! LOL. I love my clients but Im not sure about baking for the humans LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mary1980 View Post
                    Wow, I didn't even think they were talking about treats for human consumption. Is that what you all meant??

I'd have to say I really wouldn't eat anything from a grooming shop or any place that dog hair, dander and who knows what else is flying around. I would feed it to my dog though. lol
                    that's right.. nothing better for cleanup like, "come here girl.. get it.. goood girl!"

Comment

This brings up an important question, even if your treats are for doggie consumption, not human consumption. Are there state/local regulations involved? Like listing ingredients, or using a licensed kitchen for preperation?

Comment

I have free "people treats"

Originally posted by Mary1980 View Post
                        Out in my lobby area, I have a "coffee bar" set up for clients. Winter there is coffee, summer there is cold water, and I have a goodie tray with a variety of things they can help themselves to- breakfast bars, candy, crackers, etc. EVERYTHING is individually wrapped, that's the only way the health department will allow it. Clients seem to like it. :-)

Comment

that's right.. nothing better for cleanup like, "come here girl.. get it.. goood girl!"
                          That's so true lol. I'm always so thankful for my dogs when I spill something and know they'll clean it right up .

Comment

Originally posted by RoosMom View Post
                            Out in my lobby area, I have a "coffee bar" set up for clients. Winter there is coffee, summer there is cold water, and I have a goodie tray with a variety of things they can help themselves to- breakfast bars, candy, crackers, etc. EVERYTHING is individually wrapped, that's the only way the health department will allow it. Clients seem to like it. :-)
                            I think it also depends on the size of the place to. When I made my remark I was picturing a really small shop, with hair flying around. I've seen some salons where there's a layer of hair and dust on everything. Even the products there trying to sell, such as shampoo's and dog beds. It was pretty foul.

Also, I must have just ate dinner. Now that I'm hungry, I think I'd eat a cupcake that's on your grooming table while your shaving a cat lol.

Comment

Roo Im coming to your shop to grab some breakfast LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X