What Sells in Your Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sells in Your Shop

I'm talking retail, what sells like hotcakes in your store? Is it doggie cologne, toys, jewelry charms for their collars etc...

in my my shop,frontline sells good,and cat food,i do carry dog food too,but its the cat food that sells best,and rope toys

Comment

Chew type bones, then collars, then cologne. I don't sell pet food, but I've been asked if I carried it. In flea season, frontline sells good too.

Comment

boi groom's groom n' fresh cologne. I use it and people are always asking me what that fresh from the barber smell is on thier dogs.

Comment

Dog food probably sells the best (Precise and Merrick). We also sell those gourmet type dog treats (you know the ones with the fancy icing) and they sell pretty well. They are pricey, but we specialize in boutique type stuff so we can get away with it. The collars and leashes sell ok, not the best. We sell shampoo and grooming stuff, but really we use it more to replenish our supplies in a pinch, lol. We also sell quite a few toys, cheap and not so cheap and they sell pretty well. We have a lot of boutique type stuff (purses, beds, little trinkets, doggie clothes) and it sells ok. Oh, we also sell figurines and doggie plaques and they sell ok too.
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

The charms! I got them wholesale and they are almost gone, I need to order new ones......I sell a few toys here and there & sweaters. But the charms are the best.

Comment

well the last shop i worked at...i was there for 8 months. 1 DOG TOY WAS SOLD IN 8 MONTHS! no one wanted to buy any of the retail items...it was mostly the zanies stuffed squeaky toys...and some grooming products...say 5 combs and 5 slicker brushs. she made tie blankets and no one bought those either. but at the doggy daycare i worked at she sold everything from collars to raw premades to dry dog food and cat food...(wellness,california natural,and another one i cannot remember) and merrick canned food. oh i think innova was the other dry food. but the raw premades sold the best! ironic isnt it?
              Hound

Comment

Working...
              X