Theory of Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory of Five

Hello all. I have the guts!(Notes From the Grooming Table) So I went for this Theory of Five. I just ordered it. I can't believe the never ending exploration of the site. I listened to the interview with Melissa Verplank. I now have almost 100.00 worth of investment in this woman's books. I love Notes. I havn't even begun to dig in completely. I learned so much about bathing / drying and basics though. I am slowly sucking this book up. I think Theory of Five will be another awesome tool.

Does anyone have these books here? Can anyone give thoughts and opinions? How has it helped you? What concepts or tricks impacted you as a groomer? Any info or tidbit would be awesome!

The Theory of 5 book is great, it covers the basics, and then you can perfect your skills from there. Basics as in, trimming feet, faces, ears, tails, heads, bodies, etc...

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Your icon is completely adorable!

What did it do for you personally? Do you think it helped you to groom better? Did you learn anything? Did it give you any tricks? I don't mean to be all question girl but I want to know what experienced people learned from it too. Do you have Notes as well? I love that book!

Comment

Can't come up with a specific

But I am experienced and love both Notes from the Grooming Table and Theory of Five, though haven't gotten through the latter yet. I use the notes mostly for unusual breeds, but I seem to remember that I got even a few drying hints and blade holding hints when I read it a couple of years ago.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Thank you, that is little Spike, he's my baby boy!

I am trying to remember what I learned from it, but now I can't remember, lol.

It's at work at the moment, so I don't have it right in front of me. I've only been grooming for 3 years, so it is helpful in that sense. I'm not a 20 year veteran groomer!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
          X