Mr Warts was in today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Warts was in today

and he was such a mess. This cocker must be at least 14 yrs old and is just covered in those gross warts. Pick up his ear and I kid you not it looked like someone had stuck their bubble gum on the inside of the flap. I guess to keep it for later. Didn't matter how careful I was but I would hit a wart and it would bleed. To top it all off this cocker is a fat lazy (nothing new there) dog that just knows one thing, to lay down while being groomed. I'll be seeing him again in about 6 weeks. I've groomed him FOREVER, probably the whole 14 years of his life.

Thanks, just needed to get it out.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I groom a golden like that. He's huge, like a big hairy walrus, probably weighs more than my fridge. No way can I lift him; I have to groom him on the floor. Not only is he morbidly obese, he's also very old and arthritic, so he can't stand for long. He's a good natured dog, but everytime he comes in I know I'm in for an exhausting groom.

Comment

I feel for you

Those very warty dogs always turn my stomach cause you can never miss them all. Some of them are just so dry they bleed the minute you touch em. Ewwwww!!!!! just discussing it makes me feel yucky. Imagaine how the poor dog must feel, covered in all the dry itchy gooey bumps. Then you get those people who go please try not to mak any bleed and you feel even worse.

Comment

Mr.Wart

Yuck!! Aren't they awful to groom, stinky,horrible. Fortunately one of the perks of working for a vet. I can have him clean the ears and charge the client.

astrordog

Comment

What is it with those fat cockers anyway, lol!

I can only think of 1 that we do that is not 2x it's ideal weight.

Comment

Yuck

I just wonder what you will say to this. When dogs get to that geriatric point, I try to lessen their visits. Strip down, good bath, and go home and sleep it off (the dog that is). I have a 16 y/o lhasa, same thing. She can't see, can't hear, can't stand, poops all over, and truthfully, it gags me after awhile. She is always in a sweater, so, twice a year it is buzz time, as quickly as possible, and that is all. I can't imagine doing it every six weeks.

Comment

GROSS

I think I have the same dog. It never fails that I inevitably hit one with the clipper. You know, you think you have the wart pattern mapped out in your head and WHAM, you hit one. Disgusting!

I was so proud of myself the one day we had a blood and pus free groom. Sorry so gross but I'm venting myself.

I should really map them out on the card but the owner is a sweetie who carefully points out as many as she can and tips like a champ. Hopefully your dogs owner feels your pain and does likewise.

Comment

gally22, I would LOVE to do Mr. Warts only 2-3 times a year, I use to do him every month (when he was a younger boy). This last, visit there must have been at least a 2 months inbetween visits and he was just terrible. I didn't I'd ever get him done. I was sooooo tired and sooooo ready for him to go home. If he came in 2-3 times a year I don't think I'd have the stomach to do him.
                He does have one thing on his side, he is a good dog, doesn't bite, doesn't pee or poop (not normal cocker now he is lol), so why should I complain. He's just covered from head to toe with those groose warts and he is at least 50 lbs overweight.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

My Mr Warts came in today. Hadn't been in since Aug. so I thought he was probably dead. But no, he's 16 now and gets shaved with an 8.5. Sweet cocker that I've done for at least 14 years. He licks my hand as I try to mop up the blood on him and the table. He's always had good ears though, go figure.

Comment

Well Mr. Warts cousin is coming in next week but I will be ready for him. Thanks to the fact that I am going to the Atlanta Pet Fair tomorrow and will be purchasing my Groomers Helper along with the extra padded bar thingy that helps hold up those dogs that want to lie down the entire time.

I'll let you know how it works...

Comment

I hate that Diane.. I have a wart dog I get to groom tomorrow. He's in boarding at my work. I haven't touched him yet, but my boss and another girl there were petting him and they said they couldn't touch a spot without hitting at least 2 warts... I'm not looking forward to it.
                      Becky

Comment

I just dont like the way I stink after the groom. The smell just lingers all day long.
                        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by misscatahoula View Post
                          I groom a golden like that. He's huge, like a big hairy walrus, probably weighs more than my fridge. No way can I lift him; I have to groom him on the floor. Not only is he morbidly obese, he's also very old and arthritic, so he can't stand for long. He's a good natured dog, but everytime he comes in I know I'm in for an exhausting groom.

Whenever I hear stories like this, I think, "Shame on those owners." A dog with that much weight AND arthritic and old? If I had a dog like that as of late, and if it would LAY in the tub, so help me, I would NOT groom it. I can't lift them anymore. Just can't. I send 'em down the road. Not my job to break my back on a dog that is obese. How sad. You are a godsend, because I dread the thought!

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

It always seems that the warty dogs are cockers! But the warts I can handle. I hate the pudding ears on cockers. You know, that black stuff that's thick as tar! I've seen it literally dripping out of the ear! blech!
                            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I groom 2 old poodles that seem to be running neck and neck for who has the most warts...I almost didn't take the 1 poo cuz he was pretty elderly and seemed in bad health, then I saw all the warts and definitely wanted to turn him away....just gross. But being the softee I am, I took him on and he comes in every 3 wks like clock work. Then I was talking with the groomer vet who I've gotten to be friends with and I was telling her about this poodle and she about died laughing. Thru her tears she was able to tell me she knew who I was talking about & that they used to groom him and dreaded the days he would come in, and they hoped so bad the owners would find another groomer...Ok so I'm the sucker...Oh well. At least they're good tippers!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X