Bad Poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Poodle

A lady called me earlier to see if I could groom her Poodle. She told me he had a lot of hair. So naturally I think that he's matted. they showed up and sure enough he was matted. The husband told me that he just got like that from playing in the snow today, that they brush him every day but they can't find his brush. They also bathed him today. So I ask them if they brush him to the skin and he said yes. Then he said they don't brush him every day. That was obvious. So I told him that I have to shave him and he's going to be short. They didn't like that so much. So I pointed out the mats to them, they were shocked. I mean really, he just got like that today from playing in the snow. I had to use a #7 and a #10 on the paws. Didn't do clean feet, just was really matted on the paws. He looks a lot better now. His fur came off in blankets. I kept them to show them when they finally come get him.

They dropped him off at 5pm and I told them he'd be done in an hour to come get him. They said they'd be here. It's 7pm now and I can't get a hold of them and they haven't called or shown up.
    Attached Files
    Becky

OH yeah. That all happened today. Poor baby.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

All in one day's work. In summer, it is swiming in the lake, in winter, it is playing in the snow, in fall, it is all those leaves, in spring, it is all those rain.

Comment

Becky, I don't know what you're talking about---it looks like it gets brushed EVERY day to me. LOL, people are funny!

He looks great in the after picture.

So, did he finally get picked up?

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Here's a couple more pics.... Kinda sucks that we can only post 2 pics.
          Attached Files
          Becky

Comment

It always crack me up when they say "it just happened yesterday" sure , and I am the Queen of England...lol

Comment

Ugh, I'm sorry. I hope they're there by now! Charge extra!!!!
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

They showed up right as I hit the post button. The guy was shocked at the hair that came off his precious pup. He said that they'd bring him in sooner next time.... I don't believe that for a second.
                Becky

Comment

Becky, I'm sure I see snow balls in that coat!!!! Maybe their brush didn't have any brisles (where is spell check when you need it!!!!!) on it.

Glad they finally got in and got their little doggie, at least you didn't have to spend all night at work! lol
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

He is so cute after wards.

Maybe they found him in the snow. It looks like they skipped a day or two with the brush. And what type of brush? Not an effective one. With a small dog and a 7F it would not take much to cut the skin. I worry about that...I know a ten #10 is safer, but looks bad. In the after photo it looks like he has no body or legs, just a head an little shoulders, or his body is coming up thru the table. Just the photo. If they don't come back for him, they don't know what they have!!(had).How can people Not appreciate a transformation like that? That is a before and after for sure!!!You deserve a BIG tip.

Comment

This time of year is the worst for dealing with matted dogs and unrealistic owners. A whole whack of them with the same old story. " I have a dog that needs a trim. She has some bad mats but I don't want her short because it's still cold outside." The dogs are usually horribly matted, the coat's impossible to save, but the owners are shocked and terribly disappointed when I tell them the only thing I can do is shave them down. And there's nothing worse than shaving down these dogs ( because the owner neglected to brush for months) and then hearing " oh, you're SO short, you poor baby! blah, blah , blah" when they pick them up. Other than making the dog feel better, it's a frustrating & thankless situation.

Comment

OMG-he looks so.... sad

ROFL though because in the second picture in your first post you can't even really see his body with the way the shaved hair falls around him he just looks like a head sitting in a pile of lose fur kinda scary. He looks really sad though in your second post all curled up. I know he feels better though.

Comment

What a cutie! Soooo sad.

Comment

I was trying to get a picture of him standing but as soon as I would stand him up he would instantly lay down and curl into a ball. So the pic is him curling into a ball. He wasn't the nicest Poodle to groom. Like any are. I had to tie his mouth shut. He was trying to bite me the whole time. I don't blame him though, he had to be in pain. During the finish groom he didn't try to bite me once. He was so excited to see his daddy. Which I'm glad, not a dog I would want to own. He is so sticky and I was trying to hard not to cut him, with success. That's why I went to a #10 on his feet.
                            Becky

Comment

I agree he looks sad

I'm with you Daper. He does look sad. Maybe he feels abandoned since it doesn't appear as though he has been groomed in quite a while. Maybe he doesn't rememeber the whole grooming process.

You did a great job Raggs. I can only imagine how much better he feels to be rid of his body cast.

Comment

Working...
                              X