Bearded Collie Puppy Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearded Collie Puppy Cut

Next week I am going to groom a 4 month old Bearded Collie puppy. The owner tolds me she is "old" and wants a low maintenance trim. Anybody have any suggestions?
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Beardies look pretty adorable in a simple Teddy Bear type clip. When I had a Beardie years ago, I kept him in a 1 inch clip. It really cuts down on the care required and makes it simple to wipe paws, etc. Clip the head into a cute style that allows the pup to see easily. Leaving an inch still gives the face a bit of the Beardie look, and it should be pretty simple with a long guard comb.

Comment

I only groom one bearded and she is always a 3/4 blade puppy cut. But the top of her head is left long and she gets a pony tail. She's adorable.

Comment

I'd say a 1 to 0 comb body, and 0 to B comb on the legs. Then B comb rev head. I think that'd be cute. I do a cockapoo in a similar trim, and it makes him look pretty cute. Post pics!
        Erin
        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Awwww, you're so lucky...a bearded collie pup! Everyone else gave you great tips, and I don't have anything new to add. Hope he's good for you and post pics if you can!

Comment

Yes, I am really excited about the Bearded puppy. I hope I get lots of puppy kisses. I wrote down what everyone said. I love the idea of the pony tail. That is what is so great about this board. You get so many great ideas. Thank you all so much!
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I've only groomed 2 Bearded Collies before. One was left in full coat, the other got stripped because the vet couldn't even get thru the fur to give the dogs his vaccs. That coat was like concrete. We couldn't even cut it so separate the hair.

But a 1 inch cut sounds like it would work.
              Becky

Comment

I used to do 2 of them and i would use a 0 or 1 comb all over. Rounded feet and head. They came out really cute.
                What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Working...
                X