Need some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions

I am putting my trailer in the Phila Pet expo in a couple of weeks for some exposure. I need some cheap marketing ideas. I thought about offering $5 off first groom if you book appt that day, but don't know if that is the right thing to do. I also though about offering an collar cover or bow upgrade to something fancy. But do I make coupons that say that or I don't know. Get your creative juices flowing.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

I, personally, think coupons are a bad idea. They're price shopper magnets, and as soon as they use you for your discount, they move on to someone else.

As for good ideas, sorry, I'm stuck, I have none, lol. Maybe offer nail filing for FREE with any groom?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

That sounds like fun! There were a lot of marketing ideas on the old board. You may want to check them out. I really liked the idea of putting magnetic biz cards on your van for people to take. Is it possible for you to actually groom some well behaved dogs there? You could announce a time to have folks come over to see what it's all about. People love to see actual dogs-especially the super friendly ones! You could offer a prize-like free groom-and have them sign up. This gives you a mailing list of pet owners interested in your service.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Personalized Key chains!!! People love them

Comment

I like Tammy's idea, offer a little something extra but not really a discount. I would also bring a photo album of examples of your best work.

Comment

offer a free hot oil treatment to treat that "winter" skin...with a full groom...target the puppies! put together lil starter kits for grooming...give to new clients with puppies...

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
              offer a free hot oil treatment to treat that "winter" skin...with a full groom...target the puppies! put together lil starter kits for grooming...give to new clients with puppies...
              Ooo Ooo, good idea!!!

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

magnetic cards are great. people just put them on the frig. i've had customers who took the cards when they didn't even have a dog, but a year later they called me. use a DATED coupon for an extra, maybe a treat bag. there is a retail show in atlantic city at the end of march. you may be able to pick up some show specials or get some idea. you need to register before the show. check the links
                Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

What do you put in your little starter kits?

What do you put into these starter kits just brochures and info? Any breed specific info?

Comment

okay...if i was doing the little welcome packets...i would do some training information, dog diet information, grooming information, some free samples of dog foods (premium brands), maybe a cheapie doggy toy, and a collar cover or fancy bandana that it isnt going to break you to stick in there.
                    also really do the magnetic business cards. most people loose the paper ones but if its on the fridge its there forever LOL!
                    Hound

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                      offer a free hot oil treatment to treat that "winter" skin...with a full groom...
                      We did something like that. We put in ad out for new clients. Free oatmeal bath with full groom, or something along those lines. That way you're not really losing out on any money.
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

a starter kit for puppies? lil puppy shampoo ...lil comb with a lil softy brush..a small hand towel and a rubber ducky! now how cute is that? and its cheap! you will make a lifetime client with that! don't forget the puppy treat to add in the basket!

Comment

I was told that there was 20,000 visitors to the Pet expo last year. I know that not all 20,000 will stop to see me, but how much of this stuff should I have? Stephen, a little help here?
                          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

hmm

Im thinking. I was wondering ... what about free dental package with a full service groom? A dental package... like a toothbrushing, (of course), breath spray, and a greenies chew? I saw extra value sized packages pretty cheap! I can't tell you how many people ask how much extra for a toothbrushing when they come in. Maybe a little flyer or pamphlet on dental care. Its relevent to all ages of pets too. Just a thought.

Comment

When I started out I did a show, not nearly as big as the Pet Expo, but I bought a booth space and I did a raffle for a free grooming. I printed up a sheet of "tickets" for people to fill in thier name and address and phone number and they didn't have to be present to win. You get a mailing list that way. You may lose the cost of a groom, but you may not. The woman that won mine never redeemed it. I also made info sheets on why mobile, why you pet needs groomed regularly, why cats need groomed. And I had a binder with a bunch of photos in it of some I had already groomed. People enjoyed looking at the pics. I also had pics of the van. If you don't want to raffle off a grooming maybe put a basket together of dog goodies, treats, brushes, shampoo, cologne, etc. and use that as the prize. Or raffle off a gift certificate for a certain amount. Or do multiple raffles. Hope this helps!

Michele

Comment

Working...
                              X