QuickFinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickFinder

I have a magazine ad here that is promoting the QuickFinder, a nail clipper that is supposed to detect (with a red light) when you are too close to the quick to clip. It flashes green when it's safe to cut. It sells for $29.95 at PetGadgets.com and will be "available soon at pet supply stores."

Anyone game to try it? If I can determine that there's a money-back guarantee if I'm not satisfied for any reason, I may send for it.
    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

I would have a few months ago, but I hardly use my nail clippers anymore. I use my dremmel.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Quickfinder is Available

The initial shipments of MIRACLECORP'S new Quickfinder Nail and Claw Trimmer are going out to stores this week. But, you can buy them now on Ebay at the ALW PetStuff Ebay Store (http://stores.ebay.com/ALW-PetStuff).

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
        I would have a few months ago, but I hardly use my nail clippers anymore. I use my dremmel.
        While we are talking about dremel nails, I have a question.
        If the nail is long you wouldn't cut some it first before you dremeled?
        When I use the dremel the nail gets so hot, how can you get the nail short enough? It takes so long to get it short ???

Comment

Getting the nails done without hitting the quick is just a matter of practice. Even after you have done a 100 you'll still hit a quick on occasion. The faster you are, the better chance you have of the dog letting you do all of them! That being said, it would seem to me that there would be little chance of the dog allowing you to wait for the device to signal. I'd say save your money for the next fun gadget!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy1 View Post
            Getting the nails done without hitting the quick is just a matter of practice. Even after you have done a 100 you'll still hit a quick on occasion. The faster you are, the better chance you have of the dog letting you do all of them! That being said, it would seem to me that there would be little chance of the dog allowing you to wait for the device to signal. I'd say save your money for the next fun gadget!
            I was thinking the same thing. Most dogs are not going to sit and wait while you wait for a light to flash red or green.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Cass, Are you telling me i have to wait till this thing tells me its ok to snip the nail? How long is that supposed to be? I might be able to snip 2-3 nails in the time it takes to read one quick.
              Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

But I bet you could make a killing retailing them. I'm game to try one if it has $ back guarantee.
                Erin
                No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Originally posted by ejmj30 View Post
                  But I bet you could make a killing retailing them. I'm game to try one if it has $ back guarantee.

Yes, retailing them is what I had in mind; although I wouldn't sell something I couldn't try out myself first. I have so many customers who would like to do their dogs nails but are afraid to.
                  The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Reminds me of my "stud finder"....a somewhat untrustworthy little gadget. Maybe this tool will be more accurate.

Comment

Wow, a stud finder. I could have used your stud finder two husbands ago!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                        While we are talking about dremel nails, I have a question.
                        If the nail is long you wouldn't cut some it first before you dremeled?
                        When I use the dremel the nail gets so hot, how can you get the nail short enough? It takes so long to get it short ???
                        If it is real long I will cut it first, but no nead to spend money on a quick finder lol.
                        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
                        X