Checks don't wash well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checks don't wash well

I don't believe what I did, I put the days checks in my uniform pocket and I was doing the laundry so I thought I'd put in my pants too and forgot to take the checks & money out of my pocket.
    I couldn't figure out what all the little pieces of paper was in the washing machine then I seen the clean money!!!!!
    All those checks are now nothing but little pieces of scrap. I had to call all my customers for the day that gave me checks and explain to them what happen..what a mess. Guess I won't forget that for a while..check pockets!

Not nearly as bad as a washed check, but my mom gets so mad when she goes to switch over a load of mine (no, she doesn't do my laundry, lol, but she might switch over a load for me if I forget, and she goes to do laundry ) and finds a pen exploded in the dryer! I NEVER remember to take pens out of my pockets!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Oh Plexi that just sucks! When I first started grooming I did a a major boo boo with the days money also, but instead of the washer I threw it in the trash! I brought all the days income with me wrote everything down and I always keep everything in lock box till end of week well luckily my son needed extra cash and I didn't have any on me so resorted to tapping in the weeks funds and to my surprise no money was there! I panicked thinking what in the world did I do with it? I searched every inch of where I had been, tracked and back tracked and nothing...Finally hubby asked did you pitch it and of course I said NO why would I do a stupid thing like that?? but he went out and dug through the trash and low and behold there was all of the days hard work! I then remembered having the money in hand got half way to where I was putting it and the phone rang I then stopped to answer the call and started sorting the junk mail that was laying on the counter and then threw the junk mail in the trash while talking (when I laid the mail in the trash pile I did it on top of the money for the day and then picked up the whole pile and pitched it all)...Big oopsie and I now make sure when I have money in hand I head to my destination whether the phone is ringing or not...I guess I can't do 2 things at once I hope your customers were understanding! Tammy~

Comment

I keep a bank bag and I am mobile, so I carry it in to the house with me. It has my appt. reminder card in it and I put all money in there
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
          I don't believe what I did, I put the days checks in my uniform pocket and I was doing the laundry so I thought I'd put in my pants too and forgot to take the checks & money out of my pocket.
          I couldn't figure out what all the little pieces of paper was in the washing machine then I seen the clean money!!!!!
          All those checks are now nothing but little pieces of scrap. I had to call all my customers for the day that gave me checks and explain to them what happen..what a mess. Guess I won't forget that for a while..check pockets!
          It is funny that you brought this up, as I did this very same thing last week. Mine were just ragged around the edges and one of them had the bank number washed off, but that was easy enough to figure out. I took them into the bank last Fri. to see if they could take them and they did. They were very regular customers, but I really didn't want to have to call them, so I lucked out.

Comment

I "lost" my check card a couple of years ago, only to find that it had gone through the washer AND dryer.....didn't come out too pretty. I had already ordered a new one when I found it.

Comment

Sorry, but that is funny!! Don't ya just hate it when the hubby is right?! Good thing he thought of it and was kind enough to go search the trash, and found i!.

Really sounds like something I would do, but as of yet haven't.

Hope all your clients were understanding and get new checks to you, soon.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

This isn't about grooming, but...

when I was in high school, my mom had a Dairy Queen. Somehow the money got wet, (can't remember) so my mom thought of putting them in the microwave. Big mistake! The money ended up catching on FIRE! luckly they were watching and caught it right when it started. Just had a few burnt dollars. But never again!

Comment

]Sorry, but that is funny!! Don't ya just hate it when the hubby is right?! Good thing he thought of it and was kind enough to go search the trash, and found i!.

Really sounds like something I would do, but as of yet haven't.

I think hubby being right was actually worse then actually throwing them away ...Tammy~

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy~ View Post
                    started sorting the junk mail that was laying on the counter and then threw the junk mail in the trash while talking (when I laid the mail in the trash pile I did it on top of the money for the day and then picked up the whole pile and pitched it all)
                    Junk mail is such a nuisance! I did the same thing at Christmas time only it was a $50 gift certificate I accidentally threw away with the junk mail. Fortunately, I realized what had happened before my garbage got hauled away. The gift certificate was stained and smelly which was a bit embarrassing, because it was a present for someone else. But, it was too late to exchange it for a new one so I just sprayed it with Odoban.
                    Sheri

Comment

Originally posted by Cosette View Post
                      Junk mail is such a nuisance! I did the same thing at Christmas time only it was a $50 gift certificate I accidentally threw away with the junk mail. Fortunately, I realized what had happened before my garbage got hauled away. The gift certificate was stained and smelly which was a bit embarrassing, because it was a present for someone else. But, it was too late to exchange it for a new one so I just sprayed it with Odoban.
                      Sheri
                      Oh Sheri, That is terrible!! Did you have to do a lot of explaining for why the dirty gift certificate??Tammy~

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy~ View Post
                        Did you have to do a lot of explaining for why the dirty gift certificate??
                        It was for my aunt, and I did explain what happened. She just thought it was funny. The Odoban took care of the garbage smell, and it disinfects too so the certificate was germ free.
                        Sheri

Comment

The first time I charged a matted pet fee to clip off a Cocker I washed the check! The client was very unhappy with me because, as she said, another groomer would have been able to brush them out. Well, I'm not into doggie torture and told her so. She paid but was *very* upset with me for clipping off the coat and giving her poor pet some relief. I was sooo glad that the check came out of the wash a little worse for wear but not beat to death LOL!!

Comment

Well, my experience was a little different. It was when I was working at the vet clinic. I put the bank deposit in the bank bag, tossed it in my purse, and headed out the door. Before I could get out, the emergency phone rang, and I ran back in to take the call. Had to call the vet back, and stay to assist. Then, tired and absentminded, I went home without dropping the deposit at the bank.

I was sitting, watching TV, when my daughter says "Mom? What does Tyrone have? It looks like money." Sure enough, her beagle had gotten into my purse, pulled out the bank bag, chewed it up and was happily ripping bills in half. Lucky for him we were able to piece them all back together and the bank replaced them.

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                              I "lost" my check card a couple of years ago, only to find that it had gone through the washer AND dryer.....didn't come out too pretty. I had already ordered a new one when I found it.
                              that's all right, I once "lost" my check card in my back pocket...
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X