Would you say something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you say something?

HI I've been doing a lot of another mobile groomers dogs.Customers are upset with her for shaving all the hair off the bridge of the nose's schnauzers,shih tzus even full coated yourkies.My question is should I say something to her or just let it go I belive she's self taught.I asked the clients if they said anything to her most said no they just didn't book another appointment.

good question. some groomers are very thin skinned and don't take advice well ,others welcome any help. i would talk to her and try to be as polite as possible.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by happy trails View Post
      HI I've been doing a lot of another mobile groomers dogs.Customers are upset with her for shaving all the hair off the bridge of the nose's schnauzers,shih tzus even full coated yourkies.My question is should I say something to her or just let it go I belive she's self taught.I asked the clients if they said anything to her most said no they just didn't book another appointment.
      Are you friends, acquaintances or don't you even know her?

The reason I ask is it may be interpreted as spiteful instead of helpful if you have taken some customers from her and she barely knows you. In this case, I would let the customers tell her...or not.

If she's a friend and you wish for her to improve and stay employed, by all means let her know. She may even approach you to see if you've heard any feedback on her grooms. That's my opinion.

Comment

I would let it go and enjoy the new clients! If she figures it out, she'll brush up on her skills, if not, then its your money in the bank!

Comment

If its someone you have a good relationship with and hope to refer customers too someday then you could tactfully say something, not in a criticizing way but just as information.

I'm really surprised that customers would notice something like that. I've actually had customers ask to have the top of the muzzle shaved because they can't stand the grow out period. To each his own, I guess.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I would say something. I personally would always like to know (former) customer gripes. Even if they weren't coming back to me, just so I could better myself. Maybe she never thought to ask and just thinks it looks neater or something. I think its a topic that is easy enough to be non-confrontational, and it'll seem like your trying to help her out. Even tho you've got all her customers now!

Comment

I myself being a new groomer and new mobile would like to know.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by happy trails View Post
                For heavens sake, tell her. What do you have to lose, unless you just want to keep her clients. She didn't injure or mistreat the dogs, and the way you put it, every clip she does she loses because she shaves the nose. I think maybe you exaggerated.

astrordog

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
                  good question. some groomers are very thin skinned and don't take advice well ,others welcome any help. i would talk to her and try to be as polite as possible.
                  I don't know her very well so I don't know if would be upset with me saying something or not.My best friend knows her pretty good so maybe I'll see if she would mention it to her.She's also been getting some her dogs but mostly because of not returning phone calls.

Comment

Tell her. Have you ever heard of Karma? What comes around goes around? The golden rule? (I can't think of anymore . Then explain how to use thinners to clean out the eye area. She will respect you and will remember the kindness you have shown her, plus it's just the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by astrordog View Post
                      For heavens sake, tell her. What do you have to lose, unless you just want to keep her clients. She didn't injure or mistreat the dogs, and the way you put it, every clip she does she loses because she shaves the nose. I think maybe you exaggerated.

astrordog
                      What would I have to gain By exaggerating? There are other reasons but thats the main one I'm hearing.I went out on a job last week and the owner had 3 dogs the owner was up set because thet had 1 inch of hair sticking up on the top and side of their noses another one yesterday.I was trying to helpful I'm not mean or spitefull I don't need her clients thought maybe talking to her would help.I just asked for an opinon and not to be called a thief and a liar if iwas just wanting keep her clients why would I ask my original question!

Comment

Sp do you guys only clean out under the eyes with the thinners and let the hair on top of the muzzle grow long and blend in with the other hair, or do you use thinners down the top of the muzzle?

Comment

I work with someone that does that but it's just the way she was taught. Sadly she doesn't seem to want to learn any other way to do it. Some people actually seem to like it and some do complain but for the most part her clients accept it. I think maybe the other groomer that knows her better could maybe bring it up tactfully to her. Maybe start it by saying someone had complained about her doing it that way.

Lisa

Comment

I'd tell her. The very worst that could happen would be she'd tell you to mind your own business, in which case you can smile and walk away, knowing you tried.

Like A1mobile, I do believe good deeds come back to you. And evil deeds, too. If I can offer someone a little help or insight, I offer it in a spirit of goodwill. If they reject it, I still have the spirit of goodwill on my side.

Comment

Originally posted by Fur Elite View Post
                              Sp do you guys only clean out under the eyes with the thinners and let the hair on top of the muzzle grow long and blend in with the other hair, or do you use thinners down the top of the muzzle?
                              I use a 5/8 toe blade to clean out under the eyes and the stop, if it needs it. Then I blend in with thinners. I don't usually go down the top of the muzzle at all. I just let it fall to the sides. If it's not laying well, I lift it up and thin underneath to take out the bulk, then comb the longer hair down.

Comment

Working...
                              X