Beautiful Foxy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Foxy!!

Just wanted to share a picture of a Shephard/Collie X that I groom every 6 weeks, Foxy! She is so beautiful. She has had a few seizures on me over the last 2 years though... scary!! I had her owner sign a waiver today - just to cover my butt if she ends up expiring on my table or something.. the last seizure she had lasted about 10 minutes and was pretty scary!!

Oh, and when I bath her, she just SOAKS ME... she is constantly shaking the water off.. I'm just dripping when I'm done!! Do any of you try and STOP the dog from shaking off the water till after your done?

This picture is pretty dark.. I am working on shrinking another one down and will attach later!!
    Attached Files

Foxy is very beautiful!

It's always a good idea to have the customer sign a waiver when your doing a dog that has an illness, and yes I always TRY to stop them from shaking off. LOL! It never happens though. I am always soaking wet.

Comment

Sorry I can't see the pic real well because the stupid computer has decided to freeze up every time I try to click on a link or pix. Arrrgghh. Anyway are they sure it's a mix? From what I can see she looks like a Belgian Tevuren. Had a customer years ago who lost theirs and when they ran lost dog adds and put up flyers they describe the dog as a shep/collie because they figured more people would recognized that than would a Tevuren. It worked somebody found the dog and returned it from that description.

Lisa

Comment

Forgot too that seziures are a problem in the breed. She is a very pretty girl.

Lisa

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say Terv too. My friend has 2 of them and they look just like her! They are pretty dogs...

Comment

Here's another picture of Foxy!

This one was taken last summer and not so dark!!
            Attached Files

Comment

My first thought, too, was "that's a Tervuren." I used to work with a woman who showed them--great dogs and absolutely beautiful!

Comment

this is what works for me when they decide to shake. as soon as you see the dog about to shake grab its scruff like you would a cats,IT WORKS!!

Comment

Another way to stop them from shaking is to grab the base of the ear and hold it firmly and say, "No!" After a few times they usually figure it out. Some are just really bad shakers, however, so you just have to hold your ground.

It is a beautiful job, and I agree, it's head looks like a tervuren. Pretty baby!

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I looked up Tereveun, and yes! she does look like one. I will let her owner know! Its funny, the daughter (who is 13) likes to say shes "part wolf". And lvdobes - you say seizures are common in the breed? Her owners said she has lupus also? The skin on her nose is alway peeling off. Shes still a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by lvdobes View Post
                      Sorry I can't see the pic real well because the stupid computer has decided to freeze up every time I try to click on a link or pix. Arrrgghh. Anyway are they sure it's a mix? From what I can see she looks like a Belgian Tevuren. Had a customer years ago who lost theirs and when they ran lost dog adds and put up flyers they describe the dog as a shep/collie because they figured more people would recognized that than would a Tevuren. It worked somebody found the dog and returned it from that description.

Lisa
                      I agree, first thing I thought when I looked at it was that it's a Belgian Tervuren. I guess if you want a purebred Terv but can't afford it, just make your own Shepherd/Collie cross. Just kidding of course!!

Comment

yep def. looks like a terv. to me also. where my fiance worked (at a vet hosp.) they had two that boarded there...those were VERY beautiful tervs. the only one that i saw that came into the shop was also beautiful but not as big as these other two i had seen. either its a poss. purebred terv or a terv. mixed with something else? im not sure cant really tell.
                        Hound

Comment

I used to train for SAR work with a lady that had three of them and learned about the seizures from her. I think I read it in a breed profile someplace too.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                          X