well, your not in kansas anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, your not in kansas anymore

this is a phrase that ive always wanted to use,but never had a situation to use in,until today,i know its odd,but its just something i like about it,i had a very nice man call me,about getting his 2 cats bathed,i asked all questions i do when accpeting new kitties,have the cats been bathed before,he says yes,we just moved here from kansas,so he asks how much,when i gave him the price,he exclaims each!i said yes,he says good golly,something i dont hear everyday,but it made me laugh,im not the most expensive in town but not the cheapest,im the only one accepting cats,and im only 5 bucks more,than the petsomething,and he said thtas way more than im used to paying,i said well sir your not in kansas anymore,so he came down bought some shampoo off of me,and has decided to do him himself,i will probably be bathing his cats in the future,because as well all know cats arent easy,it just made me laugh,and i needed it because im soooo slow today,bored

Are you a good witch or a bad witch? lol
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

There are flights leaving every hour.

Dear Raining,

I live in a seasonal town on the beach and in the Summer get alot of people from Florida coming in. I love it when they say, $50 dollars, I can get my dog groomed in Florida for $25. I tell them that the airport is about 15 minutes north of us and there are flights leaving every hour!

They usually laugh and pay my price since I am the only game in town!

Chuck
      Last edited by Chuck; 02-22-07, 03:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Oh lucky you.. I've always wanted to say that phrase too....

I can't believe anyone that moved to San Diego would expect anything to be cheap. LOL I grew up there, my parents moved us because they couldn't afford anything anymore.
        Becky

Comment

How funny, and how perfectly timed. I guess people think they can move somewhere and everything will be as cheap (or as expensive) as the place they moved from.

I went to visit my mom in Washington state a couple of months ago (Christmas time), and my husband and I died when we saw how much a carton of orange juice was! It was nearly double what we pay! Same with ice cream. It's amazing to think that you go two hours (by plane--ha), and the price doubles!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
            Dear Raining,

I live in a seasonal town on the beach and in the Summer get alot of people from Florida coming in. I love it when they say, $50 dollars, I can get my dog groomed in Florida for $25. I tell them that the airport is about 15 minutes north of us and there are flights leaving every hour!

They usually laugh and pay my price since I am the only game in town!

Chuck
            We get a lot of people up from Florida too that always complain about the price!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
              Are you a good witch or a bad witch? lol
              Groomers aren't witches, don't you know? We're wizards. We all have that magic wand we can dissolve mats with, we can groom that poodle with 12 hairs to look just like the one they saw on tv, and we can make a goldendoodle look like a golden retriever.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz got nothing on us groomers, lol. All he had was a hot air balloon.

Come to think of it though, I'd like to tell a few clients to bring me the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West.

Comment

I AM in Kansas, and I'll be the first to say I'm NOT cheap on cats! Of course, I'm in Johnson County, KS--part of the Kansas City Metropolitan area, and probably the wealthiest part of the entire state--so my pricing is probably quite a bit more than someone in one of the little hole-in-the-road towns all over the state.

Of course, comparing the cost of anything in Kansas to California, we have a much lower cost of living here.

Comment

I had this happen with a lady who had two cats and wanted them shaved. She went to the previous owner of my shop. I told her I did not do cats (I do now but didn’t in the beginning because I was alone and the previous owner was so cheap) she begged. I told her that they would be somewhere around 50-60. She said the old owner used to do both for 30. I said well I am sorry I can not do that. She was nice about it. Crazy old prices!!!

Comment

I am clicking my heals 3 times. There's no place like home, there's no place like home. So go there lol
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I had a "nice lady" call me a couple weeks ago she said they had just moved here from New York, she has a 80lb lab and a 65lb border collie, could I get them in? I said yes, asked her when they were groomed last, she said 4-5 months ago. Okay I offered her the day, time blahh blahh, she said I'll take it. Then she asked me how much it would be, I gave her the price and all of a sudden "nice lady" turns nutso, yells at me, "you are out of your mind" in New York we only pay $35 for the lab and $40 for the border collie. I stayed very calm and said well that is the price would you like the appointment? Still yelling at me "no way am I going to pay that much", I said okay, is there anything else I can help you with? Still yelling she says "no" I said okay have a nice day. I live in Colorado, and the cost of living is through the roof, I guess they will find that out sooner or later.

Scoop

Comment

That kinda surprises me, scoop--I thought EVERYTHING in New York was outrageously expensive! The coasts are usually very high cost of living--hmmm.

Of course, the heart-attack over pricing occurs within my area. I had a woman bring a lab in, wanting her dog done straight through--30 minutes early for her appointment. I literally put away the dog I was working on and put her dog in the tub right away while the receptionist finished the check-in process. Just as I was soaping up the dog, K came back and asked how much it would be; I told her my regular lab bath price. When she told the woman, I could hear the owner screeching from all the way back in my area (through two doors), "That's RIDICULOUS! My regular groomer only charges SIXTEEN for her!" I have a hard time believing that, as $16 is low, even for a smooth dachshund, locally--who knows. K came back and said the woman will be back in an hour. Five minutes later, (dog still soaking wet) she came back and said the lady changed her mind because my price was way too high. Now that was one of the few super-cold days we had in early December---1-degree--so I said I'd have to finish the job, as I couldn't send the dog out wet in that cold. I'd still have to blow-dry the dog, and even if I didn't brush the dog or do nails, after I've gone through lather/rinse/repeat and hand-blowdrying, I wouldn't discount the groom. The woman was mad, and I haven't seen her again. Buh-bye!

Comment

Working...
                        X