Poor customers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor customers!

Well it started yesterday, one of our customers got a speeding ticket on the way to drop her dog off. She still ended up being 15 minutes late and said "this is one expensive groom!" Then our last dog came tonight, a smaller black lab. We seen the lady and then she was gone. We figured she was taking her for a potty walk and all of a sudden the lady working in the pet store (we rent space inside of it) came running back and said a lady had fallen done. Here the dog must have poled her so hard to make her fall and there was blood everywhere. The dog was brought in, ambulance was called, but she ended up driving to the hospital (right down the block from us). The EMT's said she had a broken nose and said that the lady told her to tell us that we should "groom it and shoot it!!" It wasn't the dogs fault though since when we got her, we put the choke chain where it belonged and she obeyed it! The lady was probably in a hurry and not thinking and now is blaming the dog. Well anyways, a friend of hers picked up the dog and the lady was still at the hospital. We gave her a bill (we usually get paid when the dogs picked up but under the circumstances!!) and told her that her dog's ears were severly inflamed and could have double ear infections. They were oozing through the ear leather onto the outside!! It was gross. But she probably won't take her to the vet because now she has hospital bills because of "the dog"! Sorry it got so long, just not a good way to end the evening!!

Once she gets over the initial shock, I'm sure she'll mellow out. I'm glad you told her of the ears. That's probably why she brought the dog in the first place. It probably stunk to high heaven with those ears!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

OUCH. I was talking to a lady a while back outside and she was older her dog pulled the leash and she went crashing down and rolled. Broker her glasses, blood everywhere cut her hands arms, legs and face. I felt so bad.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

When I'm having a bad day all I have to do now is read your post again and I'll feel A LOT better!! lol
        My day has gone just great, and I even groomed 2 black cockers that haven't been in since Thanksgiving, but I'm smilin' after reading about your poor clients.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

Sounds like the woman was just reacting to being hurt. I don't think she blames the dog for real. Or maybe she did initially but once she has time to regroup outside of the hospital, she'll think more clearly. That's what I'm hoping for.

Hopefully the dog with get the care he needs. Maybe worth a follow-up phone call to check on the ears? Not sure about that because the lady may not appreciate it at this point.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Comment

I was walking a rotti 200 lb rotti outside of a vets for his morning potty walk when he decides to take off running and I fall and he drags me into the asfault
            parking lot me with 2 leashes both looped around my wrist there was no getting loose. I had skinned both arms pretty bad and was sore for a few days and hated rottweillers for at least a week after that lol.

Comment

Send a get well card

maybe if you have the womans' address, you could send her a card and even a little discount for next groom, even if you have to make a discount card by hand or computer. i really think that would cheer her up. .You could even write a note in funny print from the dog saying it was sooo sorry. I always got birthday etc. cards from my dogs. My mother would sign them printed with backwards letters in name or love or something a dog might do. maybe it would make her smile.Wuv, scruffy

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                maybe if you have the womans' address, you could send her a card and even a little discount for next groom, even if you have to make a discount card by hand or computer. i really think that would cheer her up. .You could even write a note in funny print from the dog saying it was sooo sorry. I always got birthday etc. cards from my dogs. My mother would sign them printed with backwards letters in name or love or something a dog might do. maybe it would make her smile.Wuv, scruffy
                That's a good idea and it may help her to keep her humor about the situation.
                I tell alot of my elderly customers to call me when they are in my parking lot (if they have a cell) or to call me before they leave home so I can watch out for them to assist w/their dogs. I have stairs which can be a big PITA. Maybe suggest she ask for help next time if you don't think she would be offended at you offering. Watch who you ask because you will PO someone they think you think they need help.
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                X