does this happen to anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this happen to anyone

This might sound strange but I would like to know if any of you suffer this strange thing? you see nearly every night I will dream about dogs no seriously all my dreams consist of grooming dogs or somehow during my dreams this little buggers seem to creep into the dream I feel so exhausted when I wake but I suppose this happens to others right?? and also does this ever happen when you think about a certain dog or dogs and 2 days later owner rings to book the dog in I would feel really barrow if this only happens to me .

We had a discussion on this topic, I think it was in the Off Topic forum.

But in a nut shell, yes, other people experience the same thing. And no, I don't, because I practice lucid dreaming.

Comment

LOL I had one the other night! I am still laughing at it...I groomed them in my old bedroom where i grew up (next door...sad I moved out declaring my independance only to buy the house next door and talk to my mom everyday 4-5 times...lol), but I was too slow...Oh I am giggling over the thought now!

So what you are saying, in all seriousness, I not really crazy...(or are there a lot of crazies??lolo)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p1e View Post
        LOL I had one the other night! I am still laughing at it...I groomed them in my old bedroom where i grew up (next door...sad I moved out declaring my independance only to buy the house next door and talk to my mom everyday 4-5 times...lol), but I was too slow...Oh I am giggling over the thought now!

So what you are saying, in all seriousness, I not really crazy...(or are there a lot of crazies??lolo)
        I did the same thing. When I was young and dumb I could not wait to move out of my parents house. My huby and I bought the house next door to them 7 years ago right after we got married lol. I am at my mom's almost as much as I am at my own house. Often, I walk over in my pj's on the weekends and eat breakfast there or read their paper cauz I am too cheap to buy it lol.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

It only lasts for about the first ten years into grooming! The dog that you can NOT finish brushing out, the dog falling off your table & you can't catch it, the people at the door flat screaming at you because their dog is NOT ready! HA HA I think it means you REALLY care about pleasing people & doing a good job! Keep up the good work ... oh an Tylenol PM is great!

Comment

Well I moved out, moved to the city and stayed for 5 years, moved to the same area, changed houses a few times, moved in with them cause hubby was in school and I was on maternity leave with the baby, moved out again and then hubby and I got screwed royally in a business deal and ended up living with again! We found out the house next door *might* be for sale, bought it for less then the cost of our Kia and we are now the proud owners of a 150 yr old farm house style home, that is falling down around us, next door to my parents!
            Yup I read their paper too, hubby and Dad share tools, Mom babysits, I groom her dogs...one big happy family.

Comment

That happens to me almost every night. The only times it stops is if I have vacation or more than 3 days off. I am not sleeping well at all. I groom 24/7 with these darn dreams. I have always had very vivid dreams but these are the most tiresome. I have been grooming on and off for over 10 yrs, steadily in the last 5 yrs and geez- I could use a break! I was dreaming alot recently that pet owners were coming back and complaining about my work. It has now turned into trying to successfully finish the real difficult dogs.
              I want these darn dogs out of my dreams!!!!!!!!! LOL 8 hours a day with a 2 hour a day commute is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ah Yeah

I got really stressed out when I worked at Petsmart and all the groomers quit and it was just me and every body in the store was booking dogs and twice they booked moer than twenty dogs and I got so stressed out I could not get anyone in management to listen to me and I wasgetting wrote up because of customer complaints.I didnt want to quit because I was the single mother of 4,but had no choice I was having the dreams every night and I was so tired That I could hardly move.Now I work at home plus I have another job and sure enough just like you when I think about a customer or the dog they usually call.Isnt that weird

Comment

This thread really caught my attention. When I first started grooming full time, it was the MOST stressful job I had ever had. It was like playing beat the clock all day every day. One night I had this dream that I was grooming a dog and the owner came in (of course) before I was done. I was hurrying the best that I could. I would groom one side of the dog and then turn the dog around and do the other side. When I turned the dog around again, the first side had grown out again. And so on...and so on. I still get the giggles whenever I think about it! This is a crazy way to make a living!

Comment

Ha!

I dreamed I went to work at this grooming shop.
                    The owner wan't home, but there wer two little Malt. running around,
                    so I groomed them.
                    It suddenlty dawned on me that they were the owners dogs, and the shop
                    was closed on Mondays. It was Monday.
                    I went out to my car to put my stuff in it, and I locked myself out of the shop, and the poor little dogs could not get to their food or water where I left them.
                    Then a cop came and wondered what I was doing there, and I told them
                    I was getting ready to leave. BUt.... I had also locked myself out of my car, and he didn't believe it was mine. Then I woke up.
                    I hate dreams.

Comment

Working...
                    X