Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic of Puppy Yorkie

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pic of Puppy Yorkie

    Does anyone have pics of a freshly groomed very young yorkie puppy? I have one that just reached two pounds and I am about to groom him a second time. He still has that puppy coat. If you have any pics of a properly groomed puppy, please send them to me, especially the face. Thanks!

  • #2
    Here are a couple I have, not the same dog, both have different coats. You can also check the "my grooming pictures" or "before and after" I have recently posted some pictures of yorkies.

    The one with the floppy ear, was about 4-5 months old, we kept her ears SHAVED completely, so they would learn to stay up. I don't know if it really works and I know there are many different opinions about this, but she is 2 years old now and her ears both stand up. We left her hair long on top so she can wear a bow.

    The little guy is Kipper, I know it isn't a great picture to get much grooming info from, but it is cute. He too was about 4-5 months old. Kippers ears are not tipped, per owners request. He is now 2 and he still doesn't get his ears tipped. Looking at the picture now, I would have cleaned out under his eyes more.

    Yorkies come in many sizes, and different coats. Just be sure to ask the owner about the ears, really they should be tipped, but some owners like the hair long.

    Scoop
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Tank, be sure to look in the "Before and After" pictures, I have a thread that says "yorkie", Beamer is not a puppy but is only about 4.5 pounds and still looks like a puppy, and has that same black puppy hair. Owners keep his head/face really short. His body is done with a #0 laube snap comb, leaves him short but fluffy. His head is done with either a #5/8 or a #3 blade.

      Scoop

      Comment


      • #4
        Yorkie Is a Little wiggle worm

        I do not own the Groomers' Helper. I have "Butter" tomorrow. His name is butter because they never got around tro buying peanut. No joke. Anyway, he scres me! I nicked his ear a tiny bit last time and told owner. She tries herself to do him and knows he is Im-poss-a-bull.! How can I clean him up by eyes let alone any other part of him? no nuse fits...he is tiny. I am the Only grIomer he has had....still a pup, or young adult. Not sure he is neutered yet.I tell her boyfriend , I usually see instead of her how difficult he is. Each time I think it should be the last before I hurt him by accident. He also bites.I hoped I could train him....nope.Any suggestions? I have CV and thinnig shears and lil scissors he is less likely to see coming. Even try to get him from behind. I think he needs a tiny blindfold., hehe.

        Comment


        • #5
          hmm

          I would leave him as natural as possible and use blunt tipped shears. If you have to clip his body down at all I guess maybe try to distract him with treats. That works at my job sometimes. This is where a second set of hands comes in handy. Since the owners recognize he is difficult maybe they would be willing to hold him a bit? Also what about the little tiny pink tabletop grooming table from petedge? Its made for tinys. The noose might fit him. Please let us know how it goes and how you handle it. Best of luck!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
            I do not own the Groomers' Helper. I have "Butter" tomorrow. His name is butter because they never got around tro buying peanut. No joke. Anyway, he scres me! I nicked his ear a tiny bit last time and told owner. She tries herself to do him and knows he is Im-poss-a-bull.! How can I clean him up by eyes let alone any other part of him? no nuse fits...he is tiny. I am the Only grIomer he has had....still a pup, or young adult. Not sure he is neutered yet.I tell her boyfriend , I usually see instead of her how difficult he is. Each time I think it should be the last before I hurt him by accident. He also bites.I hoped I could train him....nope.Any suggestions? I have CV and thinnig shears and lil scissors he is less likely to see coming. Even try to get him from behind. I think he needs a tiny blindfold., hehe.

            I have found that sometimes you need to hold their little scruff, with their back feet still on the grooming table, and I can do the eyes most of the time. Usually with thinning shears, but often with the clippers. After going through this about 2 groomings, they are fine with anything around their eyes. And they hold pretty darn still. Not ALL of the puppies I do, but MANY. No shaking or getting mad, just gently pick them up by the scruff...

            Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              I have found that sometimes you need to hold their little scruff, with their back feet still on the grooming table, and I can do the eyes most of the time. Usually with thinning shears, but often with the clippers. After going through this about 2 groomings, they are fine with anything around their eyes. And they hold pretty darn still. Not ALL of the puppies I do, but MANY. No shaking or getting mad, just gently pick them up by the scruff...

              Tammy in Utah
              Another thing that I have found that can help sometimes is holding them in your lap. Of course, like Tammy's suggestion this doesn't work on them all, lol.
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

              Comment


              • #8
                Butter must have been hypnotized

                Well, I saw Butter today. His mom is recovering from surgery. she showed me a birthday card with a girl yorkie with entirely different coat length, and scruffy ears. I pointed out his length is shorter. She has been trying to use clippers near his head etc. I have not seen him in sometime. So I started with his eyes and he just sat still...no noose and I took his widd-dull chin and held gently...snip, snip...no problem. I used 7F on body and left legs longer. kinda Cocker style. I left top of head full, with trimmed brows. Did buttie and tummy and pads. Nippy w/ nail trim. I could not believe he was the same ,the very same dog! Maybe her efforts paid off. I was worried for nothing. She loved the trim and loves him. She never remarks on how fast I get him done. He is so small, there is little surface to groom. Drying takes the longest. I have never seen such a transformation! He is not neutered yet either.He has the cutest innocent face.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                  Well, I saw Butter today. His mom is recovering from surgery. she showed me a birthday card with a girl yorkie with entirely different coat length, and scruffy ears. I pointed out his length is shorter. She has been trying to use clippers near his head etc. I have not seen him in sometime. So I started with his eyes and he just sat still...no noose and I took his widd-dull chin and held gently...snip, snip...no problem. I used 7F on body and left legs longer. kinda Cocker style. I left top of head full, with trimmed brows. Did buttie and tummy and pads. Nippy w/ nail trim. I could not believe he was the same ,the very same dog! Maybe her efforts paid off. I was worried for nothing. She loved the trim and loves him. She never remarks on how fast I get him done. He is so small, there is little surface to groom. Drying takes the longest. I have never seen such a transformation! He is not neutered yet either.He has the cutest innocent face.
                  WE've had it happen in the past where a dog was amazing calmer, and then come to find out owners had been giving the dog sedatives, which we don't allow, lol.
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X