How many dogs can you groom per day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many dogs can you groom per day

If you own a in store pet grooming service how many dogs could you possibly trim per day?

I think you need to be more specific. Working alone? Using a bather? Do you employ additional groomers? What kinds of dogs?....

Comment

I work alone, bathe/dry everything and I CAN do 10 dogs, probably 6-7 grooms (as long as they're not all Std Poodles, or Newfs), and 3-4 bath only dogs. That's what I can do, but to avoid burning myself out day in and day out, I've decided to only do 7 dogs a day, 4 grooms, 3 baths max. So if I book 5 baths, then I'll only do 2 grooms. I have a hard time sticking to this rule, especially since I just implemented this rule, but in the long run it will save me.
      Erin
      No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I can groom 8 "slots." We use the slot system where I work, and a shih tzu is 1 slot, a standard poodle is 2, if it has a fancy cut, such as a dutch clip, it might be 3 slots.

I groom them from beginning to finish myself, no bather.

Tammy in Utah
        PS: I've done as many as 12 by myself, but I felt that the quality was sacrificed a bit, I wouldn't do it again, and it was my boss's choice then.
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by baehj View Post
          If you own a in store pet grooming service how many dogs could you possibly trim per day?
          If you're looking to hire a groomer you can't expect to have a number as every groomer has a different rate of speed and what they are comfortable doing. It depends on experience, physical stamina and many other factors.

Your best bet to find a reliable and good groomer is to rent out space rather than trying to cash in on their profits through commission or hourly wage. It just doesn't work out in the end as most groomers have the ultimate goal of opening their own shops and will leave you in the end.

Comment

Working...
          X