Neighbor problems/noise/Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor problems/noise/Question...

Does anyone have problems with their neighbors due to noise from their shop? If so, how do you handle it, and what have you tried to cut down on the noise? Barking, dryers, etc. Thanks.

No but I did have a problem with a neighbor last night, who locked herself out of her place, and then banged on every sliding door/window/front door to get her son to let her in. (1 am). He never did. They're idiots.

But other than that, no, I have no noisy neighbor problems.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Actually, I think you're asking the wrong people. We ARE the ones with barking dogs, noisy dryers, etc...you should be asking OUR neighbors.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I think that's what she's asking

What do you do regarding your shops noise to appease neighbors, Spikey. I have no troubles, but housecall grooming sure solved any problems such as that.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Well, I'm at an animal hospital, and it is right next to a bunch of homes---their backyards are facing us. Our boarding kennel is in a basement completely lined with windows along one side, very bright. They can't hear the dogs barking in the basement.

You just can't hear them, it's a building, and maybe there is good sound proofing? But you SURE CAN hear them inside!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I was worried too but my landlord only laughs, one side is an older couple who runs an antique shop and they LOVE dogs are over more then I care for, the over side is a video store and my landlord says he doesn't care if we bug them, cause 99% it is part time kids working.

Comment

Edited.
              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:27 AM.

Comment

I'm in a shop, and now almost all of the houses around us are commercial. However not to long ago we had several people living behind us. They never complained about the noise. The kennel is in the basement, and even standing right outside the door when all the dogs are going crazy you can still barely hear them.
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Oops

I meant to say: are your neighbors bothered by the noise from your shop...and if so, how do you handle it.
                  Sorry

Comment

Working...
                  X