grooming business magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grooming business magazine

just got my issue today and all i can say is wow. this is the grooming mag i've been waiting for. hope they can keep it up.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

How did you get it? Is there a website?
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

OK now im upset. I'm like on evey big mailing list. So where is mine! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
      Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

New mag?

In another post I mentioned about the "Pet Business Magazine" mostly being retail. Are you speaking of a different one? If so, I'm seriously interested. How and where did you get it?

Comment

I went to the website, clicked on their advertisers...puppy mills are paying for ads...whats up with that? I posted it n a new thread, but don't see it anywhere?

Stephen: This is not grooming related and belongs in off topic. Before you raise your eyebrows about advertisers you should learn about "restriction of trade" legalities if you turn away some advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
            I went to the website, clicked on their advertisers...puppy mills are paying for ads...whats up with that? I posted it n a new thread, but don't see it anywhere?

Stephen: This is not grooming related and belongs in off topic. Before you raise your eyebrows about advertisers you should learn about "restriction of trade" legalities if you turn away some advertisers.
            you mean you HAVE to let them advertise? wow..bummer..I would think it would be up to the publishers if its not an image they want to be associated with...hmmmm

Comment

What is the name of the mag?
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

OK ....I would really like to get this Mag. but no one is really giving any info on how to get it! Everyones talking about how great it is but nothing more! A website, phone #, or address would be really helpful! PLEASE!!!

Comment

it's called "grooming Business". Pet Business puts it out. 215-788-7054 is the subscription number. i went cover to cover and didn't see an ad for puppy mills. topics covered were
                  1. building a better salon
                  2. equipment whet and wear
                  3. main street marketing (networking)
                  4. recruiting employees
                  5. hand stripping the welsh terrier
                  Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                  "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

ads

in the classified ads...I guess they have to accept them, but man, 50 breeds a week?!!!!! I would hate to see that place! yikes

Comment

Thank You WorkingChihuahua!!!

Comment

Edited.
                        Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
                          Even DogWorld, Dog Fancy, etc. have "puppy mill" advertisers, hairdevil, but buying the magazine does not mean you are supporting them.
                          This is true, however, many naive buyers do believe that if it's in Dog Fancy, it must be "quality". Unfortunately, that is wishful thinking.

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
                            Even DogWorld, Dog Fancy, etc. have "puppy mill" advertisers, hairdevil, but buying the magazine does not mean you are supporting them.
                            who said anything about supporting them? I was just surprised to see it..merely an observation.... by the way pampered? which organization is it that you claim to be certified through?
                            Last edited by hairdevil; 02-19-07, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Edited.
                              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X