Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organization

I have a TON of blades & equipment. I am looking for a better way to organize things around my table for convenience. How do some of you have things set up? Pics would be awesome. It just seems like I just noticed how much I have collected in the 12 yrs of grooming LOL

I have everything in a rolling Craftsman tool chest. I roll it right up to the table while I'm working, and back to the wall when I'm finished.

The top drawer contains my CD collection, Notes From the Grooming Table, price lists, catalogs, and any notes I make for myself.

I organized my blades and scissors, comb, mat breakers, slicker brush, nail clippers in the second drawer, (that's the most convenient height), because those are the tools I reach for most often. Other brushes, rakes and snap ons are in the drawer beneath that. Q-tips, cotton balls, report cards in the next, bandannas in the next, broken equipment and dull blades waiting to go in for repairs/sharpening in the bottom.

The top of the chest has my radio/CD player, bottle of alcohol and peroxide, Quik Stop, a tub that has cotton balls in ear cleaner, ear powder, blade wash, blade oil, colognes, and a spot reserved for my cup of coffee. Dematting spray, flea spray, and disinfectant spray hang on the handle at one end.

I will try to remember to get pics next week.

Comment

My shop was formally a beauty salon. I purchased the womans salon caddy (I have no idea what it's called) and also her salon station from her. I don't know what that is called either - I'm probably not much help here. LOL

I have a picture around here somewhere and will attempt to post it later.

Comment

I am mobile, so I stuff it anywhere I can lol. I have a drawer for bandanna's and bow and collar covers, one for brushes and combs. I keep my clippers and blades and such in a fishing tackle box so I can take it in the house at the end of the day along with shears.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

This is how I have my equipment set up, I have my shears in a wire basket on the end of my table, extra shears are in the left desk drawer in plastic silverware dividers. Extra blades & sprays are in the white cabinet along the wall. Shampoos are in a cabinet under the cage holders.Extra towels are in the cabinets above the tub.

Comment

Ditto on the Craftsman

Same thing I use. I have all liquids (like ear cleaner), sprays (like coat conditioner), and bows, bands, quik stop, etc. on the top. Shears, thinners, stripping knives, combs, brushes in top drawer, blades and snap-ons in the second. Third holds extra cotton balls, and miscellaneous stuff I don't use often.

I'm also a "purger" of things.lol If I haven't used something in a year, it's gone. I don't save everything like alot of people tend to do, and I have no hesitation throwing out or giving away things I don't like or don't use. I would sit down and go through all of your stuff, and get rid of everything you NEVER use, regardless of whether or not it's in good shape. Then the stuff that you RARELY use goes into a cabinet, and then you're just left with the stuff you use frequently. That is the stuff you want right next to you. The simpler you keep things, the better. :-)

Comment

I have two things:

1 is a Station Caddy- They are black on wheels with drawers, I also bought the wooden top that has holes to hang scissors, dremel, etc. The caddy is $99 at Sally's Beauty Supply and their table top was $49. I have this set up at each of my groomers stations.
              I keep, ears stuff, qwik-stop, etc. on top with dremmel, clippers, etc. In the drawer I keep blades, combs, brushes, etc. Just above the station I have a $1 towel hange (I bought it at Dollar Store it has four arms that swivel, I hang bandanas on each arm by size). I glued a plastic paper towel holder to the side of the caddy.

Also, you can look up tableworksusa.com they make great organizers to hang on the table.

Comment

I use an antique buffet hutch in my grooming room that is right beside my table. In one drawer are my blades in caddy, brushes, combs, snap ons..etc..in the left drawer are my bandanas rubber bands..bows..etc..I keep all my essentials in a metal basket that has the fleur de lis on it..all my tall stuff goes there lol ear powder, blade disinfectant, colognes..that kind of stuff...I have a tall (looks like a martini glass) glass that is pink with paws on it...that says cosmo paw litan on it lol I keep my cotton balls in there! I try to be creative as not to get to bored lookn at stuff! lol

Comment

Craftsman rolling box here too. I keep all my tools in there. My blades are in one drawer and I use one of those clear plastic fishing tack boxes organizers with the dividers to organize my blades. It is thin enough to fit in the drawer, and the dividers are just big enough for blades.
                  I also have one of those metal storage shelving units. I have all my ear stuff, colognes, ribbon etc on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                    This is how I have my equipment set up, I have my shears in a wire basket on the end of my table, extra shears are in the left desk drawer in plastic silverware dividers. Extra blades & sprays are in the white cabinet along the wall. Shampoos are in a cabinet under the cage holders.Extra towels are in the cabinets above the tub.

WOW, Plexi, look at all that ribbon! It looks like a craft store in there! OUCH, is your tub really on the floor? Please tell me you don't get on the floor to bathe dogs! If so, doesn't that get hard on your back?

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post

What a cute shop and mighty organized I might add. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

LOL I didn't noticed that before, NO the table is in the way in the picture. The tub is waist high, no I'm too old to have the tub on the floor!!

Comment

Shears in drawers, baskets...

Hi gang, well here is a tip from DH, who does a lot of the shears at Ryan's along with Gary...
                          DO NOT keep your shears in drawers etc, unless you have them fixed so that the blades can not clink together. Like use a peice of fish tank air hose on the ends) I'm sure our Sharpener guys will say the same. It's way to easy to get a nick or off-alignment from shears being kept in drawers. And I am just as guilty! I kept mine in silverware holder trays for YEARS!

Even just laying on your table still open slightly can be a cause for a nick in the cutting edge.

I have the really neat plexi holder from IvSan Bernard, and if you look at the shear holders, that fix to the wall, they are good, as the blades are suspended...(no clinking) but now that I am mobile...my Iv San Bernard holder really don't fit...so I made something similar to a holder but it goes across the window, to hold shears and brushes...then I also have a table works that fits on your grooming arm, but I took it apart, and now it's fixed to my "wall" but I am going to have to do another some sort of holder, because I have too many shears now, and I use them all! Maybe just something to hold brushes , combs, that would free up space for the extra shears...

but please , if you use something that your shears are together, laying together...please put something on the tips or in a shear holder (you know the cheap plastic) to keep blades from clinking. It can really make a difference.

Comment

Plexi

Thats kind of the idea I had in mind......like you have. Right now things are in drawers but I would love to have everything at my disposal like you have. Great pics! I did mention a Craftsman to my hubby and he looked so impressed LOL. He has 3 in the basement.........if he were nice he would donate one!

Comment

Working...
                            X