Your favorite dog to groom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite dog to groom

Do you have one special dog that just makes your day each time they come in? I have a yorkie who is so very tiny, yet so very intelligent he is just adorable. Each time he comes in I set his appt. to be my last of the day. I love to hold him for that extra l/2 hour and play with him until his owner comes. Are there any dogs that you just love to ineract with and who brighten up your day?

Snuggle-Time for All!!

I would be listing most of my client list. I book 1 and forty minutes to two hours per groom. Even though I use the water magnets, I always take out a fluffy towel and wrap them in it. I take off my rubber apron and they just flatten their little bods against my chest and enjoy looking out the window until the end of whatever song is playing.
    If you asked them...favorite part of groom? Snuggle time in the towel or Bandana Time.
    But...JFYI...I must always remember that when they are back in their house some of them go right back to work being protector of the realm. I have nearly gotten bit by one of those sweetums when I couldn't resist giving him a good-bye jostle. He was back on his Mommies bed next to her. She was a stroke victim. He was back to his job.
    I am going to love this thread.

Comment

My all time favorite dog to groom moved away last summer, and I sure do miss him. He is an elderly dachshund, and just about the sweetest dog I've ever met. His mom would bring him in, unhook his leash, and he'd walk himself back to the grooming room and sit next to the tub, waiting for his bath. He was good as gold for everything, even his nails (amazing!), and once he was done, I'd pop him into a warmed cage with a big fluffy towel, and he'd sit there and "guilt" me until Mom picked him up.

My other favorite dog to groom is a white standard poodle. She has a coat to die for, and never moves during the whole groom unless I ask her to.

Comment

Howie the Airedale! I gave him his first haircut as a 12 wk. old puppy and have had the chance to see him grow up. He comes in every 8 wks. and I always schedule lots of extra time just so I can hang out with him. He's got this playful but confident terrier attitude, but he's very obedient and great for grooming. Seeing him makes my day! I'd keep him in a second.

Comment

My favorite dog to groom is Pepper. She's an Aussie and just a love. She has to be my favorite dog of all there. She comes running to me every single time she comes in. But when she's in the yard she either walks away from me or walks to me and becomes submissive. So I rub her belly for a short while and then put her on a kennel lead. She then leads me to the tub, jumps in by herself and is a perfect angel. She's the best.
          Becky

Comment

shih-tzu

My favorite is a shih-tzu named Beni. His mother says she can say my name and he just goes bonkers! He's all over the car anxiously awaiting his arrival lol He hits the door as Mr. Here I Am!!! he's a sweetie and happy all the time! Just makes my day!

Comment

WOW, that is a hard one. Wally the English Cocker is (personality wise) one of my favorites---he just has thick hair on his feet that I hate combing out, lol.

Ruby, a shih tzu I groom, is an angel (just groomed her today) and she comes bouncing in happy as a clam every time she comes in.

Oh, and Alex of course. He's a parti-cocker (tan and white), and he is full coated and ALWAYS brushed out, no mats). He is a good boy, and always walks right into "his" kennel. His mom gave the nicest Christmas gift, too, so he's a shoe-in for a favorite. Gosh, there are so many...

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

It always happens that way!!

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                My all time favorite dog to groom moved away last summer, and I sure do miss him. He is an elderly dachshund, and just about the sweetest dog I've ever met. His mom would bring him in, unhook his leash, and he'd walk himself back to the grooming room and sit next to the tub, waiting for his bath. He was good as gold for everything, even his nails (amazing!), and once he was done, I'd pop him into a warmed cage with a big fluffy towel, and he'd sit there and "guilt" me until Mom picked him up.

My other favorite dog to groom is a white standard poodle. She has a coat to die for, and never moves during the whole groom unless I ask her to.
                I swear, it is always my best behaving favorites that end up moving far away. The buggers that drive me nuts will be with me forever..lol...maybe I can call FedEx..hmmmm

I have so many "favorites" I don't know wher to start. Off the top of my list though is Barney. He is a Shih-tzu who kennels w/me regularly, in fact I have him now. He has "priviledges" and rarely has to stay in a kennel. He is normally hanging in the grooming room or back yard w/my dogs. He is always so happy to come in his owner just opens the door, unleashes him and says "bye Barney" as Barney runs into the grooming room and jumps onto "his chair". I love it when there are other customers in to see his performance, what a great advertisement..lol
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Outside of my own show dogs.........standard Longhair Dachshunds........my favorite is Jake, the Airedale. He is a quality bred dog which has a gorgeous, proper coat so when I am done he looks like a dog ready to go to a dog show and I clip him not handstrip. Plus he is the most cooperative dog to do.

Comment

I have several favorites actually! But at the top of the list if I had to name just one, it would be Fancy the Shih tzu...She is a bit elderly, but a pleasure to groom. And I 'almost' feel bad taking money to groom her. I count the days till she comes in for her groom and she always comes in with her tail just a waggin' and covers me with kisses. It's the best feeling in the world!!

Comment

Oh man, tough decision! I would have to say Roxy the lab. She comes every 4 weeks and actually smiles when she gets groomed. Its hysterical. She was rescued from the shelter a few years ago by her current owner. I tell her owner everytime, she got a GREAT dog. Roxy tends to find dead deer on their acreage and brings her parents limbs from it, so she comes in quite regularly LOL ewwwww

Comment

I've got a couple of favorites. One is actually two, a pair of white German Shepherds that I'm just nuts about. Big goofy lunkheads they are but you just can't help but love em. They just had a litter of puppies and I'm seriously thinking about getting on of them. The other is a little Poodle/Shih Tzu cross that is just the most adorable dog. She's trimmed like a Bichon and just too too cute. Sweet as can be too. Almost forgot there is also a Brussels/ Yorkie mix that is also a doll. Definately one of the cuter "designer dogs" I've seen.

Lisa

Comment

Merlin....the Giant Schnauzer.... He was big, beautiful, and the sweetest thing on 4 legs over 100 lbs. He truly believed he was a mini schnauzer, loved to "try" to crawl in my lap. Of course his eyebrows alone filled up my lap! (very slight exaggeration, of course) He suffered from renal failure and a couple of other issues toward the end of his life, and his owner and I used the same vet, next door to the shop. I just walk right into the treatment area normally, when I did, there he was... laying on the table on a blanket, gone... and this may sound weird, but I had some scissors, and I went and got them and trimmed his eyebrows one last time (his eyebrows were his mom's pride and joy...) and then, and only then, I laid my head on him and cried...
                          He was my most favorite dog to groom, and something about him and his heart left me permanently changed. (for the better.)

Comment

favourite dog to groom

Now this is a hard one but I do have my favourites first of all there is Lucinda Sky she is a maltese and she is a living dolly she is always happy to see me and covers me in kisses so love those kisses and more a less lets me do what I want paint her nails dye her hair, Then theres Billy the pekingese he has had such a horrible thing happen to him he was stolen from my clients yard and for 3 days he was molested and torchered and then they tried to set him alight a lady witnessed this and she grabbed Billy and took him to the vets and then he was returned to his owner but never was the same he still shakes and grumbles but his little face says so much and he does make my day he is getting better, Then theres Maggi the cocker who sings with me and also Tigie hes a rescue dog but what a personality we always set aside half an hour for kisses and playtime and he never wants to go home actually most of the dogs that come in are great but yes you do have the ones that make your day as soon as they enter the salon.

Comment

My favorite would have to be Simon,the big ol Golden,that comes in every 2 or 3 weeks for a bath and he is soooooooo handsome!!! He runs in the shop and stands up to all of us to give out hugs and kisses and then he just goes to the big groom box we have on the floor for for the big boys. He just sits there smiling,waiting for me,{ I kind of took over his grooming cuz I love him soo much!} Anyway,he definatley makes my day and really made me have a deeper love of big dogs.! I was always more of a small dog kind of person,until Simon walked into my life!!

Comment

Working...
                              X