Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric

Where do you buy your fabric for bandanas? I have always purchased from Wal-Mart but ours are closing, one at the end of the month and the other 2 by August.

If I were you I would mortgage the house and buy them out lol. I am lucky, I have 5 Walmarts in driving distance.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'm in RI and there is a nice elderly man that will come by once a month with a van full of bandanas he goes to all the pet shows and salons but I also go to walmart you just cant beat their prices

Comment

I buy mine at Hancock Fabrics...if you don't have one there, google it..you can order online also. watch the sales! they're great!!!

Comment

Jo-Ann's Fabric. Sign up for their monthly flyer. They have some really good sales, and that's when I stock up.
          Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

PetEdge has bandanas for $1.19.

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
            Where do you buy your fabric for bandanas? I have always purchased from Wal-Mart but ours are closing, one at the end of the month and the other 2 by August.
            Dear Gracie Rose,

We cut them in half that's about $.50 each. Has anyone found them cheaper?

Chuck

Comment

Yes, much cheaper, Chuck. Head to a fabric store (Walmart, Joann, Hancock) and look for the bargain section - you can get an entire yard for $1-$3. From there it's just learning how to cut it. I usually get eight bandanas out of a yard. If you aren't sure how to cut it I'll see if I can dig up an illustration.

Comment

karits

I found this site on the old message board along time ago......

www.karits.com

20 pack of bandanas starting at $6.00. They have sizes mini to x-large.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Dear Gracie Rose,

Chuck
                  Yeah, that $1 a yard fabric at Walmart, lol. You can cut 4 extra large and 4 small, or split the 4 extra large into large and medium sizes, as required. JoAnne's also has a discount rack of fabrics, ranging from $1-$3 a yard. JoAnne's quilting calico fabrics are usually fairly cheap, even when they aren't on sale. But they do run sales on them regularly, and if you sign up for their flyers, they send you coupons that will make a big difference in the price, too.

I like the quilting calico fabrics. They have a good hand, and the selection of colors and prints is huge. I also keep an eye on the holiday fabrics and juvenile prints, and snatch up as much as I can when they go on sale.

Comment

I order from Carolina Manufacturing, same bandanas from Petedge, I'm just eliminating the middleman

http://thebandannacompany.com/

Call and ask for Tina Chasteen, extension 125, she is such a sweetheart.

Comment

JoAnns

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                        Dear Gracie Rose,

Chuck
                        Yep! $1/yard for some material with kitties on them, and $1/yard for material with race cars, and the race car "drivers" are dogs! Both from Wal Mart. And $2/yard for this bandanna at Wal Mart (see photo):
                        Attached Files
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

garage sales

You can find fabric, and crates for pennies on the dollar,
                          and you can hand out your business cards to the people
                          that have dogs!

Comment

Cool

Thanks guys I bow to your wisdom. The Groomers Helper gets helped. I will tell Beth so we can save some pennies they add up to dollars.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Comment

Primarily Walmart. Make sure to go after a major holiday & stock up on the reduced holidays fabrics for next year. We've gotten a ton of fabric as cheap as $0.25/yd. I also like the remnants. Cheaper, and then you get a big selection of designs.

We ARE stocking up big time now though, anything remotely cute for $1.00/yd. is being purchased. I refuse to pay $8/yd at JoAnn, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X