Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowdrying and flying hair

Hey all,

I'm new to this arena, so sorry if this is a silly question. When you are blowing a dog dry, is there some piece of equipment or something that will help suck up the hair that is flying around?

Thanks!
    Carrie

hey id be intrested in that answer too...

i hated doing huskys LOL! the hair ALWAYS flew all around the place...especially when they were blowing coat. LOL!
    i dont think there is..but there might be! wouldnt that be beautiful guys? then you wouldnt have to vacuum up at the end of the day!
    LOL!
    Hound

Comment

I think laube is making attachments to use with a vac that sucks up the hair as you brush.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

If you open a window and wear a mask and eyewear, it will keep the hair out of your face and eyes. It also helps to hold a towel up over where you dry. It catches spray off and keeps the hair flying down a little!

Comment

I haven't heard of anything but it sure would be great if there was one. I hate doing those hairy monster and having all that hair flying around.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

try spraying your walls down with downey. That will help.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That will be the coolest invention ever. I hate the hair when blowing out a big hairy.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                try spraying your walls down with downey. That will help.
                I'll have to try that. I have 2 large dogs on Friday and I'm sure the hair will be flying. One is a Lab for a deshedding and the other is a Aussie/Border Collie/Questionable Large Dog mix.

Comment

ooooh idea!

They should build an industrial vacuum that sits above your tub with a biiiiig opening, so when you blow out your dogs, all the hair gets sucked up the vacuum before it has a chance to go away from the tub.

Comment

I wish there was! I'd buy it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by carla View Post
                      That will be the coolest invention ever. I hate the hair when blowing out a big hairy.

LOL, I was sitting here thinking, "Gee, I could make a lot of money if I could just invent..."

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I think I saw such a thing ...I believe it was made in Italy..Iv San Bernard I think mfgs that. It sucks the water/hair off ..then set to blow dry..I think a regular wet/dry vac would do the same thing.

Comment

LOL opening a window did NOTHING for me! none of the hair seemed to fly out the window even as i tried very hard to aim it that way LOL!
                          yes...a nice big vacuum going to SUCK ALL THAT HAIR UP BEFORE IT HITS THE FLOOR! yeaaaaaaaaah that'd be real nice!
                          come on people...start inventing!
                          lmao
                          Hound

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                            LOL, I was sitting here thinking, "Gee, I could make a lot of money if I could just invent..."

Tammy in Utah
                            Oh, please do it quick. LOL

Comment

hair on the wall

I just have to laugh. I work in a large vet clinic as a grooomer only and one of the owner/dr. just doenst understand about the hair. He doesnt like any hair on the floor!!!!!!lol just last week he came in and one of the groomers was drying a very large black german shepherd that had a lot of dead hair in the coat. The dr. came in the grooming room and just about had a cow. He was so upset about "all this hair, its even on the walls". lol I told him its that way everyday in the summer. He said it is? People,l have been grooming there for 7 years now and he still cant stand the hair. The customers are very happy with our grooming though. I just think the whole thing is funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X