My Bathing Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bathing Rack

I've been trying for days to resize this picture, thanks whoever posted that resizer on here I've tried others that have not worked for me.

My rack is about knee high aprox 1 1/2 foot from floor, cattle feed tub for the water, a drain in the floor under tub, so we put a small board on one end under the tub to let the water drain, a Hydro Surge pump and a fresh water hose on the wall, custom rack to stand on so we are not in the water.

Someone had posted about how others got big dogs into there tubs, well this one about 99.9 % will hop right up. Stubborn ones you can kinda get a little running start and lift up on ther leash and they will jump up and for the real hard cases we will get up on the rack ourselves and call the dog and most will hop right on up there with you. We have a human tub right behind the rack for small dogs that is up higher.
    Attached Files

Cattledog, am I understanding this correctly? The dog steps on this and then right on into the tub?

I think it is a great idea, I just have one concern; it looks like like the rack in my tub, and the big dogs can get their toes stuck (it happened to me 3 times before the hospital got me a large anti-fatigue mat to put over it).

Have you had any dogs get their toes stuck, or do you put anything over it?

I have a set of stairs that my father-in-law built for me, covered in an indoor/outdoor type of carpet. Isn't it NICE to have something that gets the dogs to walk right into the tub?!!!!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

In looking at it again, maybe the holes are smaller than my grate is. It's a great idea though, that's for sure!

Tammy

Comment

Hydrosurge??

How do you keep enough soapy water in that tub for your hydrosurge? My jury rigged one is so powerful that it runs a 5 gallon bucket out of water in about 1 minute, so I have to have it in the tub I am using and reuse the water or it just won't work, tried it in the tub next to me and I ended up having to refill that tub (medium sized about 10 inches of water/soap) 3 times for a stupid newfie I did.

Comment

Spikey the dog actually stands on the rack here is another picture with dog.
          Yes once in a blue moon a dog will get a toe hung, but the holes are pretty small.

The Hydrosurge pump does use alot of water, but if you position dog directly over the tub it falls back in, for a large dog that takes awhile to bathe, I just stick the yellow fresh water hose in the tub and leave it running while I'm bathing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that's a pretty nifty idea there, aren't you all handy!!

After I had 4 dogs get their toes stuck in my grate I put that anti fatigue mat over it and have had NO problems with it. So, IF that ever becomes a problem (for me it was a bad problem, as all the dogs were big and freaked out BADLY), then there is an idea for you too.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Working...
            X