body temp to readjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body temp to readjust

how long do you suggest customers wait before picking up their dogs in this cold weather? some people want to have me groom their dogs and get them out the door in an hour and its my thought that that might be a tempurature shock to the dogs body after being in a warm bath and under the dryer... dont you think the dogs need time for their body tempurature to get back to normal before going out in the cold or am i totally off base with my little theory here?

I think it is fine if they are in a rush. Unless they are old or have health problems.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'd think that as long as the dog is really dry it shouldn't be a problem. I do have quite a few clients that bring a blanket in to wrap up their dog when it's cold. Quite a few also come in wearing their coats. They usually get right into a warm car. I'd be inerested to hear what others have to say.

Comment

MIne go straight to a warm car and then home. I dont do very many "outside" dogs this time of year. I love seeing all the cute outfits the dogs come in with. I get a kick out of it.

Comment

I love all the cute "outfits" too! A lot of the dogs come in in sweaters and stuff.
          I don't think that there should be a problem, though it is a good thought. Most like others said thee usually jump straight into a warm car.
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

As long as the dog is dead dry, there shouldn't be any problem at all. A warm bath is only warm so long as the dog is in the water. Once you put a dryer on them, they experience a chilling effect due to evaporation.

Ever get out of the shower and blow yourself off with your hair dryer? Try it some time. You don't feel warm, you feel cold until you're completely dry.

Unless you completely groom the dog, then bathe and dry him under a really hot dryer, his body temperature will normalize during the groom. And he's going right into a warm car. There shouldn't be any problems at all.

Comment

Edited.
              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Helly said it best, I agree. One other thing about getting out of a shower, I don't have to have a hair dryer blow on me to give me a chill, just getting out of the shower gives me a chill. lol I'd much rather stay right in the hot shower.lol
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Working...
                X