• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!!!!!!

You have to check out this link.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1782184/posts

Poor doggy!!

Yes, I got those via email once! Unbelievable. These before and after shots are the closest I've seen something like this in person at the animal hospital I work at:

Tammy in Utah
    Attached Files
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I could not see the pics. they were x'd out
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I couldn't see the original posters pics either. But I did see the ones that Tammy posted. Unbelievable! That poor dog!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

our family has a cabin up in Canada, Quebec, it is a 70 mile drive to our cabin from the main road it is off some very bumpy logging roads. After a 13 hour drive my Moms springers were just glad to be out of the truck. Not an hour in, doesn't my Moms male get pined by a porcupine in his muzzle and ears. Good grief we are so tired and we gotta do something... so we get a couple of pairs of tweezers and needle nosed pliers and peroxide and start working on the dog. He was so good about getting them out and we really washed his face with soapy water and then peroxide. He had no ill effects, thank god cause we were 100 miles away from a vet. 3 years later had to take same dog to the vet up there for kidney infection. Joss is now at the bridge, but he sure keep us busy up in Canada

Comment

Edited.
            Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I also couldn't see the original picts, but I saw Tammy's loud and clear. OUCH!!!! Tammy, that baby looked like he had quills right in his eye. Did he have any eye problems after? I know in the after pict he looks great but I was wondering! I also wonder if most dogs that are pinned will stay from Porcupines afterwards, or like those that get skunked will they go back for more punishment?
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

A freind of mine lives in Dayton, Pa. She has an English Mastiff that bit a porcupine more than once. took her to the vet and they could not get her knocked out. So they had to let them get infected and work their way out. she had them in her mouth and all over her face. Needless to say she was really grumpy for awhile and no one could get neer her. Owner is 6'4 and 250 lbs he laid on her and went to pull one the dog got up and carried him off about 5 feet till he fell. lol

Comment

I couldnt see as well, but that poor boston. How was the eye?
                  I used to be a vet tech at a local shelter, we dont have porcipines, the cactus's are real bad though. we got a cat in that had got stuck in a cactus patch, there was no skin on it w/o a sticker. It's bad when the vet gets something in and doesn't know where to start. We had to knock him out completely. It took almost an hour w/three ppl working on that kitty.

Comment

Poor guy!

That looks painful, but look at this pitbull pic I was emailed ... hopefully it works...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kim in SD View Post
                      I couldnt see as well, but that poor boston. How was the eye?
                      I used to be a vet tech at a local shelter, we dont have porcipines, the cactus's are real bad though. we got a cat in that had got stuck in a cactus patch, there was no skin on it w/o a sticker. It's bad when the vet gets something in and doesn't know where to start. We had to knock him out completely. It took almost an hour w/three ppl working on that kitty.
                      Hey, I saw tht episode on animal cops phoenix lol

Comment

OH MY GOSH!
                        That poor baby. That is unreal!
                        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I've seen that email before and the pit bull/Am. Staff terrier (?) takes the cake. It is definitely going to be worse on a pit bull that is probably more aggressive toward the little prickly buggers than the boston.

The Boston had to be knocked out (thus the tongue hanging out), given oxygen, and then picked out one by one. The eye was fine, they were not in the eye, but they did get stuck in the lid. Poor baby was fine after that.

I wonder what happened with that pit bull? I think that photo is pretty old, I received that same photo over a year ago. Maybe I'll do a search for it.

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Oh holy crapola... Ouch!! I lived out in the boonies w/ my ex and we had four dogs kill one, the one dog ended up at the vet where 4 people worked on him for about 3 hours, the other 3 we were able to remove them. Most dogs never learn about not biting things that poke you..

Comment

It's actually a bull terrier, not a "pit bull" or AmStaff....

You can tell it has the terrier gameness, though.... Most dogs would have taken one slap of the porcupine's tail and run the other way.... No self-respecting terrier would give up, regardless of the pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X