Cold Weather Pet Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather Pet Tips

Here are some cold weather pet care tips from the ASPCA. I thought that these were nice to share with my clients so I wrote a little "Winter Weather Pet Care Handout" in my own words with some of these as well as other ideas to share with clients. My clients have really appreciated it, and it is getting my business lots of attention. I thought that I would share this idea in case any other groomers would like to do so as well. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...oldweathertips

Thanks for sharing the link! That is good info to include in a newsletter or handout.
    Sheri

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
      Here are some cold weather pet care tips from the ASPCA. I thought that these were nice to share with my clients so I wrote a little "Winter Weather Pet Care Handout" in my own words with some of these as well as other ideas to share with clients. My clients have really appreciated it, and it is getting my business lots of attention. I thought that I would share this idea in case any other groomers would like to do so as well. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...oldweathertips
      Are you working in a shop? I thought you were going mobile?
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That is some great advice. I never thought about banging the hood of the car before starting. We have a few outdoor cats in our neighborhood.
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Edited.
          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link with the great info!

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
              Lisa, how did you read into that toomuchfun is working in a shop? I just read that her business is getting a lot of attention. "Business" does not have to mean storefront.

toomuchfun- I've found that my clients really appreciate the extra pet care information I give out in newsletters, too. The ASPCA does have some really good info. and so does the HSUS.
              When she first came here she said she was learning. I assumed that she is working in a shop because just a month ago she talked to me about going mobile and was asking me about my trailer. So, I know that most places you can't get mobile that quick.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                When she first came here she said she was learning. I assumed that she is working in a shop because just a month ago she talked to me about going mobile and was asking me about my trailer. So, I know that most places you can't get mobile that quick.
                Hi, I just noticed I was being discussed here! LOL! I actually just recently officially changed my career to grooming, but I do have quite a few years of grooming experience from working with several close friends who own very successful grooming businesses. I spent quite a lot of time working in their businesses as well as helping them to design promos, etc. but was not employed by them as I owned other businesses at the time. I've been asked several times to become a groomer partner by successful groomer friends. I consider myself learning since I just officially changed careers, but since I have been so involved with grooming for so many years, I think that my situation must be fairly unique to the majority of new groomers? Plus I have business start up as well as corporate management experience which is really beneficial to starting and promoting a new grooming business. I no longer live in the same city as my groomer friends, so I located a master groomer in my area who helped me to refresh my skills and speed. I had already been grooming a few freinds dogs for fun, so I decided to go ahead and start housecall grooming. After owning another successful local business, I have lots of friends, business friends, past business clients and many aquaintances who could not wait for me to start grooming, so I am already busier than I want to be. I'm considering a grooming trailer and will have enough funds from my housecall grooming soon to buy one with cash if I decide to. We will most likely move to a new state in the future, so I don't want to start a new brick and mortar shop right now. Hope that clears things up.
                Last edited by toomuchfunbnme; 02-13-07, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X