Printing Brochures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Brochures?

I made some brochures on my computer to put out front at work (vet's office) to make more customers aware that grooming is offered there.

Anyways, I don't have a printer so I took my laptop to kinkos and printed out a copy, unfortunately it only does one side per piece of paper, so I took it to the color copier. I couldn't believe it, $1 per side, so that means it would be $2/brochure, and I was hoping to print out 50-100 of them!

Does anybody know of a cheaper way to print these out? I'm trying to get my parents to print some out on their computer at home, but I don't think that would work as a long term solution, especially since they live in VA and I'm in FL. lol

go to www.vistaprint.com/spring07 this is their promo site, right now they are offering 25 full color brochures free, 50 is only like $11, 100 brochures are about $18. This is two sided full color. You just up-load your brochure and VOILA!!!

If you need some cute clipart let me know...I have tons!

Comment

?

Couldn't you just do one or two, and buy your own copier and then do as many as you like?
      Copiers are not that expensive anymore.

Comment

Aside from having family print your brochures for you, the only other options that I can think of are also somewhat pricey.(Although, perhaps not as pricey as the printing quote that you got)
        There are online printers who will print color brochures for less than the quote that you got, for instance... vistaprint.com

Also you might consider a really eyecatching full color photo business card to display on the counter if purchasing brochures is not cost effective right now. That old saying is true that a picture is worth a thousand words and I have found quality, attractive photo business cards a valuable tool for attracting clients for my businesses which is more cost effective than a brochure. Also the clients tend to hold onto a business card more so than a brochure. Good luck!

Comment

I'm thinking you should just get them done some where else. I think www.animalsink.com has very nice looking ones and I'm sure they won't cost as much. There full color and customizable. On their website it's under other products.

Comment

Staples does color copies sometime for .39 a side.
            Also Costco is .35 a side but you need a minimum of 500 copies. Or 250 copies of a double sided job.
            I haven't looked at the links but they may be much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary1980 View Post
              I'm thinking you should just get them done some where else. I think www.animalsink.com has very nice looking ones and I'm sure they won't cost as much. There full color and customizable. On their website it's under other products.
              I was just looking at animalsink and there pretty pricey...try the one gracy said lol

Comment

Vistaprint

It sounds like it would be cheaper for you to buy a printer than have them printed at Kinko's. I print alot of things out myself and think it's much fun to write and design, etc. I had vistaprint print my last brochures just becuase they are SO cheap (75 colored brochures for $15). Seriously, I don't think I could print them out myself for that price (printer ink can get expensive). So I too, suggest vistaprint definitely! They are always running specials, go to their site and see what you can get for free this month. They do a GREAT job!

Comment

printplace.com you can get 500 4.5 x 5.5 for $50. I got 1000 magnet business cards for $52
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

You could probably buy a printer that can print, copy, and a whole bunch of other things for not that much, and then you'd have a bazillion brochures at your fingertips.
                    Erin
                    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

In case anyone was curious, here is a copy of the brochure I made. (I hope this works!)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maggy View Post
                        Thanks for all the great suggestions!

In case anyone was curious, here is a copy of the brochure I made. (I hope this works!)
                        I love the slogan....so cute and imaginative!!!

Comment

I had the same problem when I needed to make brochures for a Cub Scout event last year. The color copies were just too much for our budget. The lady at Staples suggested that she simply run the copies on colored paper using black ink. It was only a few cents a copy that way. You could always staple a colorful business card to the front to add a little "zip".

Comment

doublesided printing

Every printer will do this, it might just have have to be a manual process. Print out the front then place the printed one back in (you'll have to do some tests to determine direction) and then print the back side.

It's sure nicer when they do duplex printing and no thought is required, but you can print on two sides of the paper from any printer.

Comment

Wow, for that price you can buy a printer and paper, lol.
                              Have you tried the local library? I really don't know the price, but just remembered that in high school I would print up papers there, or make copies for like 15 cent a copy or something like that.
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X